PDA

View Full Version : Please tell me green and brown on my "cheese" is not normal!

Jamila
Oct 20th, 2007, 04:25 AM
Okay so I am very new at being vegan. I bought some Vegan "Cheese" the other day and just now opened it. But I'm scared to eat it cause it looks like this

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/atomship3/vegancheese.jpg

Please tell me green and brown on my "cheese" is not normal! :eek:

This is bad right?

Ruby Rose
Oct 20th, 2007, 09:19 AM
That's mold. Take it back!

Jamila
Oct 20th, 2007, 08:18 PM
right on. I would take it back but the store is 2 hours away. To the trash it goes :(

emmapresley
Oct 20th, 2007, 10:15 PM
always check before buying!!

(obvious lesson or something??)

though..i bought veggie sausages a few months back from a h&bthat wasn't my usual..was under time pressure..didn't check them..got them home..opened up..white fluffitty mould. very pissed off.

always check stuff now. ;)

tipsy
Oct 20th, 2007, 10:26 PM
i never buy fake cheese products for that exact reason.

theyre always going bad before i can use them.

that and theyre not even that great to begin with adds up to not worth my time or money in my opinon...:rolleyes:

Jamila
Oct 21st, 2007, 09:16 AM
Sadly this was my first time to go shopping at a store that sells anything remotely like this (vegan / health food / organic / things of that nature). I was pressed for time otherwise I would have hoped I'd have caught it.
I live in a small town and I had to drive almost two hours to go shop here. Good thing for me I am going to be back in that area next weekend. Next time I will have time and have a sharper eye :)

Tigerlily
Oct 21st, 2007, 01:09 PM
Don't buy that cheez ever again. IT'S NASTY. Get Tofutti slices next time.

Risker
Oct 21st, 2007, 02:02 PM
Some people must like it or they wouldn't be selling it

Ruby Rose
Oct 21st, 2007, 02:24 PM
You could cut off the moldy bits though, rather than ditch the whole lot.

Risker
Oct 21st, 2007, 02:27 PM
Probably not a good idea, mould has roots that go much deeper into food than you can see.

I might cut mouldy bits off fruit but fake cheese stuff I'd be alot more cautious with.

Tigerlily
Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:17 PM
Some people must like it or they wouldn't be selling it

Obviously people with no taste buds. Or everyone is buying it once to try and then chucking it out.

Sandy777
Oct 22nd, 2007, 02:54 PM
I bought exactly the same cheese and mine was bluey green and honkin', I didn't take it back because I wasn't going to town for a few days. I have tried it though (another packet which was not rotten) and it wasn't too bad. It's hard to see through the packaging when it's all wrapped up. Do you think it could be to do with all that plastic and then maybe not kept cool enough??

RubyDuby
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:14 PM
someone should contact the company if its happening that often and not being returned!

Stine
Oct 26th, 2007, 11:29 AM
i never buy fake cheese products for that exact reason.

theyre always going bad before i can use them.

that and theyre not even that great to begin with adds up to not worth my time or money in my opinon...:rolleyes:

You can freeze them.. I usually does that since i dont use fake cheese that often.. Only if i make pizza snails or something like that (sory don't know if thats what you call them over there :D)

bryzee86
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:15 PM
pizza snails??!! lol that sounds...odd....!

Stine
Oct 28th, 2007, 03:18 PM
hi hi yeah i dont know if you have them..
http://www.maduniverset.dk/opskrift.php/4493/Bagvaerk-opskrifter/Pizzasnegle-med-skinke
These are not vegan but i make mine vegan with corn and soycheese

Gorilla
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:12 PM
i've seen those - i've never made a vegan version but i'd like to!

i hate it when you buy something and it turns out to be mouldy when you get it home. you can't always tell when you look at it in the shop.