PDA

View Full Version : vegan Pumkin Pie

Fruitbat
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:23 PM
I made this for me and my omni housemates to get us in a Halloween mood and I made it up but we all really liked it served hot from the oven with Swedish Vanilla

1/2 steamed pumpkin, mashed
200g silken tofu mashed also
1T molasses
3T unrefined muscovado brown sugar (add more to taste)
lemon zest
150g ground almonds
ground ginger, cinnamon and mixed spice to taste
1 bought pre-baked pastry-case

mix and put filling in case. bake at 200*C until cracks start to form on top and its relatively solid when prodded with a sharp knife

YUM!

Gorilla
Nov 3rd, 2004, 09:31 PM
oooh sounds lovely, thanks for that Fruitbat :)

veganvoo
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:37 PM
Could anyone post a receipe for Pumkin Pie?
Ive been vegan for just under a year now and can clearly remember my old receipe contained sweetened milk n' butter. Not wanting to go without so any help would be wonderful:)

animaladvocate
Oct 22nd, 2007, 04:48 PM
http://vegweb.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=1511774b76c06cdeecd008fe6af3b1 be&action=search2

Jamila
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:10 AM
I made my first vegan pumpkin pie ever last night and it was amazing here is the recipe I used:

Pumpkin Pie

Makes 6 to 8 servings

1 1/4 pounds firm tofu
1 16-ounce can pumpkin purée
3/4 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell

Preheat the oven to 400°F. Blend all of the ingredients in a blender or a food processor until smooth. Pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell and bake for 30 minutes. Then turn down the oven temperature to 350°F and bake for another 30 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is set.

Pie Crust

1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons multi-grain milk ( *Note you can use soy, rice, almond or oat milk )Combine flour, sugar and salt in a 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Mix with a fork until well blended. In a separate bowl, combine oil and multi-grain milk. Beat until blended. Pour over flour mixture.
Mix with fork until combined. Knead lightly with fingers for 2 - 3 minutes. Press firmly against bottom and sides of pie plate.

animaladvocate
Oct 27th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Today I made pumpkin cheesecake, pumpkin choc chip muffins and pumpkin oatmeal cookies.Yum, yum, yum.

Digital Ghost
Oct 29th, 2007, 10:52 AM
Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Pie

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 pound firm tofu
15 ounce can pumpkin purée
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 tbsp soy milk
1 pre-made pie crustPREPARATION:

Pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy, adding more soy milk if needed. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until set.

angelamc
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:44 PM
I think I will make both of those pies for thanksgiving!:D
Pumpkin pie is awesome!
edit: sorry fruitbat, I'm sure recipe is lovely but I'm not sure I can measure everything in grams. That's america for you: anti-gram

animaladvocate
Oct 29th, 2007, 01:58 PM
If anyone wants the recipe for the pumpkin cheesecake don't be shy about asking for it.It rocks!

Tigerlily
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:09 PM
I never had pumpkin pie! Is it good?

Jamila
Oct 29th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I want that recipe for cheesecake animaladvocate :)

Tigerlily you need to eat pumpkin pie it is sooooooo good!!!

animaladvocate
Oct 29th, 2007, 04:56 PM
Hey there Jams!*sapphic kisses*

The Ultimate Pumpkin Cheesecake

Topping
12 ounces of silken tofu
2 containers of vegan cream cheese
1 cup of pumpkin puree
1 cup of sugar
3 tablespoons of flour
half a teaspoon each powedered ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda.

Base
one and a half cups of crushed graham crackers/digestive biscuits
6 tablespoons of melted margarine
quarter of a cup of sugar
sprinkle of cinnamon

Mix all base ingredients and press into a greased 8 inch circular baking pan and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
Puree all of the topping ingredients in a blender.
Pour topping over baked base and return to oven at 425 and bake for 15 minutes then for another 60 minutes at 275.
Chill overnight and then.......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

missbettie
Oct 29th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Mine is really simple. And all the omnis at my work scarfed it down...i didn't even get a piece...:(

1 14 oz Tofu Firm
1 cup of brown sugar
3 tsp cinnanmon
2 tsp nutmeg
1 can 16 oz cooked pumpkin

1 prepared graham cracker pie crust (use your own fav recepie, I normally buy the pre made cheating ones)

Preheat oven to 350 F
In a blender or food processor, add all ingredients and blend throughy, Pour mixture into pie crust, bake in a 350 F oven for 45 minutes or until set, Serve Chilled!

So so good, and easy!

Jamila
Oct 31st, 2007, 04:12 AM
I made another pie today and it was great. This time it was without tofu. I need to stop doing this or I will blimp up before the major holidays even start lol.

piggy
Nov 3rd, 2007, 01:48 PM
has anyone ever made a pumpkin pie without tofu that turned out well?

edit: oh, didn't see your last post, Jamila. did u just use the same recipe without tofu?

piggy
Nov 10th, 2007, 10:40 PM
*bump*

noone has a pumpkin pie recipe without tofu?...i mean a tried and tested one..

Juicy Blue
Jan 31st, 2008, 09:04 PM
Thanx 4 the recipes - I don't seem to have one for Pumpkin pie ...only Springfield Sweet Potato Pie.........if anyone fancies :)
http://www.ivu.org/recipes/holiday/springfield-j.html