PDA

View Full Version : Veganomicon

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Penny
Apr 13th, 2008, 05:30 PM
yaaaaaay! I got the american one when I was in NY, for more than this (grr), so i'd be interested to see how this is different. Probably a less ameri-centric ingredients list, and more weighed measurements.

It's arrived!!!:D I spent all yesterday evening reading it and quoting bits aloud to DH. The next thing is to try out some recipes...
I think it's the American version, but what the hey! :) I can do the transatlantic stuff! I can use cups!

Penny

pavotrouge
Apr 14th, 2008, 08:51 PM
I use my regular mugs as cups though they don't have the exact measurements. doesn't matter since I tweak the spices and all to my likings, anyway.

Kitteh
Apr 16th, 2008, 05:55 AM
I never attempted a vegan lasagne in the 4 years that I've been vegan. And cornmeal crusted brussel sprouts.....gah.....just the thought gives me shivers :D

I don't remember where I read it but someone said there are some veggies that you can't say you don't like until you've tried them roasted, I think sprouts were one of them. Funny to read that re. sprouts as my bf's sis was about to coat some and fry them last night, will ask her next week if she actually ate them!

I ordered V'con yest'day from Amazon, I'm expecting it May 21, fingers crossed!

Roxy
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:02 AM
I don't remember where I read it but someone said there are some veggies that you can't say you don't like until you've tried them roasted, I think sprouts were one of them. Funny to read that re. sprouts as my bf's sis was about to coat some and fry them last night, will ask her next week if she actually ate them!

Well I can say that's true for me when it comes to asparagus. I hated the stuff, until a forumer suggested I roast it. Now I quite often eat it roasted in the oven, coated in bit of vegan parm :bigsmile:

Kitteh
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:19 AM
Yeh, not a fan of asparagus, maybe roasted is the way to go. *If* I ever try frying/roasting sprouts, will let you know!!

Aurore
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:15 PM
cancel your order, penny!! get it from here: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/showbook.php?id=156924264X

Yay ! thanks for that link, it's cheaper than amazon.fr, even with the £/€ exchange rate.

Aurore
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:01 PM
i decided it would make a great birthday gift for myself and ordered it yesterday.

bryzee86
Apr 23rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
Go Aurore!

Kitteh
Apr 28th, 2008, 11:02 AM
My copy arrived today!!! V.v.happy :)

dreamqueen
Apr 29th, 2008, 01:37 AM
My copy arrived today!!! V.v.happy :)

Congratulations! Make the chickpea cutlets with mustard sauce!!!!

RubyDuby
Apr 29th, 2008, 02:10 AM
does anybody know if the cheesy sauce freezes well?

missbettie
Apr 29th, 2008, 04:33 AM
I would assume so, all you would have to do is heat it back up on the stove...it seems like it would its the right consistancy...

Kitteh
Apr 29th, 2008, 04:45 AM
Congratulations! Make the chickpea cutlets with mustard sauce!!!!

Thanks for the tip, think I will make 'em this weekend :D

Aurore
Apr 29th, 2008, 11:38 AM
YAY ! *victory dance*

i received it today !!

i'll check out the chickpea cutlets ;)

i have to say it's a really fast shipping, with amazon's free shipping i wouldn't have had it in less time. :heart::thumbsup:

Kitteh
Apr 30th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Mine was Amazon and they said May 21 and it arrived 22 days before that, v.happy :bigsmile: Still waiting on one book tho.

I've started reading through mine, taking it all in, sooo many recipes!!

Aurore
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:47 PM
i showed it to my mom and she spotted a few recipes she said looked yummy. especially one involving quinoa, i think i'll have to cook it soon :D
-and there's no meat recipe inside?
-no, mom
-and no fish either...
-nope :D

she said it looked great, she was only sorry it was written in english, as she doesn't speak it. i suppose it's better or she would have stolen it !:bigsmile::amazed_ani:

missbettie
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:48 PM
FYI...if anyone makes the "black bean burgers" they taste really good baked in the oven at 350 degrees until nicely toasted, and it cuts out the oil...

bryzee86
Apr 30th, 2008, 10:56 PM
i showed it to my mom and she spotted a few recipes she said looked yummy. especially one involving quinoa, i think i'll have to cook it soon :D
-and there's no meat recipe inside?
-no, mom
-and no fish either...
-nope :D

she said it looked great, she was only sorry it was written in english, as she doesn't speak it. i suppose it's better or she would have stolen it !:bigsmile::amazed_ani:

Pas de viande?!

Et pas de poisson????!!!!

Vegetalien stupide!

Aurore
May 1st, 2008, 06:20 PM
my mom's not vegan, so she couldn't know. but at least she's curious, she eats what i cook so it's enough for me.

i think i'll cook the quinoa stir fry, it looks yummy (well, all the recipes sound yummy, but i crave for quinoa these days,so...)

bryzee86
May 1st, 2008, 08:50 PM
I was just testing out my high school French - did I get it right?

Aurore
May 1st, 2008, 11:52 PM
lol !

parfaitement !

Kitteh
May 2nd, 2008, 01:28 AM
FYI...if anyone makes the "black bean burgers" they taste really good baked in the oven at 350 degrees until nicely toasted, and it cuts out the oil...

Thanks for that, Miss Bettie

Dalron
May 2nd, 2008, 03:00 AM
Wildflower: thanks for the heads up on this book. I've just ordered it (along with two others) from The Book Depository (http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/showbook.php?id=156924264X) :)

I buy all my books from there now - around the half the price of books in Australia and the free express airmail post is a major bonus.

bryzee86
May 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
lol !

parfaitement !

merci beaucoup.

pavotrouge
May 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
I buy all my books from there now - around the half the price of books in Australia and the free express airmail post is a major bonus.

so it seems they ship free internationally... how do you pay? I've been looking for a replacement for evilzon for ages.