PDA

View Full Version : Simply organic vegan ready meals

!!
Nov 7th, 2007, 08:51 AM
http://www.simplyorganic.co.uk/products/simply_organic_readymeals_vegetarian.html

I found these in Tesco last night (I only popped in for some plamil mayo!) and they look really good. Organic, free from dairy, wheat and yeast- and vegan :D. And there's no funny stuff like preservatives either.

Thought some of you may find these useful if you're in a hurry :)

Mr Flibble
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Haven't these been in tesco/morrisons for a few years now?

Zan
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:29 AM
I just zoom in and out of Tesco for Organic Pure so I have never noticed them----where are they---as in, what are they next to:D? It would never occur to me to look in chill cabinets .

twinkle
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:33 AM
I had to buy a bean stew type thing from that range on Monday. It was adequate, and at least meant I could eat something hot for lunch (I was away from my normal workplace, but near a Tesco and a microwave). Nothing that most of us couldn't make a lot tastier at home, though.

Gorilla
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:53 AM
have these been repackaged? i think i ate a couple of these when they had blue labels. they're ok but nothing amazing as twinkle says, they're the kind of thing i'd make myself pretty easily.

twinkle
Nov 7th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I think the trouble with them is that they try to be all things to all people (even though they don't specifically say vegan on the packaging, just vegetarian and dairy free :rolleyes: ) - they're low salt and nut free and I guess not too spicy for all the people who don't like spice.

I have only tried one though, so I guess I shouldn't really judge them yet. Might give the quinoa one a go as I'm not very good at cooking with that myself. :)

!!
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:32 AM
sorry! there were no other threads on them and i thought it might be useful for someone!

Gorilla
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:39 AM
they are useful, and if anywhere near me sold them i might pick them up occasionally. i was just saying i don't think they taste particularly amazing or anything. :)

!!
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:42 AM
:) i quite liked the Thai veg curry, but I haven't tried any others so I can't really comment on how good or bad they are!

I didn't think they'd been around that long... at least they haven't in my neck of the woods.

Zan: They were in the chiller cabinet with quorn and sweedish organic meatballs. Random...

harpy
Nov 7th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Not come across these - will have a nose in Tesco. Thanks, !!

Zan
Nov 7th, 2007, 12:44 PM
Thanks---will investigate the chiller cabinets now:)

I cook everything from scratch like probably most people here but it would be really handy on occassion to have something quick to hand.