London Vegan Festival Sunday 7th September 2008

at Kensington Town Hall, Hornton St, W8

£1 adults, under 16s free!

A date to put in your diaries.

For more info go to:

http://www.vegancampaigns.org.uk/festival/

bryzee86
Nov 20th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Getting in there nice and early, eh Frank? You can pencil me and Jo in, I'm sure.

Frank
Nov 20th, 2007, 01:32 AM
It's a shame the two festivals at Kensington Town Hall are so close.

But each has it's merits.

I'm posting this now so that Alisont can have no excuses for not being able to make it! :D

It's our FEWA - Festival Early Warning Alert!!

When we get closer i'm sure someone will post a thread in the meet-up section.

bryzee86
Nov 20th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Don't tempt me Frank - I'd do it now if I wasn't about to log off!

alisont
Jan 1st, 2008, 09:35 PM
I must of missed this thread?

Doubt il get to this as its moved from August to Sept and my busy time at work (a college) and with Sunday trains il not make this one.

It seems the dates of the 08 vegan festivals are not going to work in my favour as i cant get to Bristol either:(

However i have noticed that good ol Travelodge have rooms on the Sunday eve at £29 for those of you wishing to stop over, only Docklands travelodge has cheaper rooms on the Sat (its 20-30 mins on the DLR out of the city but parking is only £5 and its out of the congestion zone)

I know its early to book rooms but you get the pick of the travelodges i guess and its paid for in advance?

I might not be going but cant help putting my vegan travel agent/travelodge hat on:D:rolleyes:

Stu
Jan 1st, 2008, 10:48 PM
Of course there will be room at chez Stu as usual, for anyone who doesn't eat garlic.

emmapresley
Jan 1st, 2008, 11:18 PM
for the sat night stu? can i baggsie early please? :)

Stu
Jan 1st, 2008, 11:34 PM
Sorted!

emmapresley
Jan 1st, 2008, 11:57 PM
*yay!*

Stu
Jan 2nd, 2008, 12:05 AM
EmmaP, I tried to PM you, but your inbox is full. Here's the message:

for the sat night stu? can i baggsie early please? :)

Hiya [your name]! How are you doing? I hope you had a good Xmas and new year.

Anyway, for the vegan fayre, are you crashing here on the Saturday (6th) or the Sunday (7th) night?

Kisses,
Stuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. -x-

PS: I hope your embarrassing rash - that you made me promise to not mention to any other forumers - cleared up.

absentmindedfan
Jan 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
YAAAAAAAY!!!!
emmap is going!!! :D :D

milk~sucks
Jan 8th, 2008, 10:22 PM
i looked at the photos, and they seemed ok, but my little sis and niece want to bring along non vegan friends (age 9), will it be ok, because lots of my sis' friends parents hate me for 'traumitising' their children with anti-fur leaflets.

twinkle
Jan 8th, 2008, 11:11 PM
Of course there will be room at chez Stu as usual, for anyone who doesn't eat garlic.

Because of your newly found vampirism?

EVERYONE is OBLIGED to eat garlic at vegan festivals. And raw onion. It's like a rule. Don't you know anything?? :p

Stu
Jan 9th, 2008, 01:53 PM
Oh yeah. I always forget about that.

emmapresley
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:19 PM
i looked at the photos, and they seemed ok, but my little sis and niece want to bring along non vegan friends (age 9), will it be ok, because lots of my sis' friends parents hate me for 'traumitising' their children with anti-fur leaflets.

who can say..
there's loads more going on at these events than tables and tables of anti fur leaflets.
maybe you should chatter with your sister's friends parents and reassure them that there will be plenty of other stuff there aside from literature..loads of nice sampley scoff for eg's

emmapresley
Jan 9th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Oh yeah. I always forget about that.

i'm gonna eat loads (raw AND cooked...garlic AND onion) and then breathe on you on purpose..call it pay back for sharing my skin irritation pm secret..you swine!

Stu
Jan 10th, 2008, 12:23 AM
Oops! I seem to have suddenly 'forgotten' that I said EmmaPresley could crash at my place. Emma who? Crash at where? Sorry mate; you've lost me there. Don't know what you're talking about.

Melanie
Jan 10th, 2008, 02:18 AM
Never been to one before, it worth going to? :)

Roxy
Jan 10th, 2008, 02:26 AM
i'm gonna eat loads (raw AND cooked...garlic AND onion) and then breathe on you on purpose..call it pay back for sharing my skin irritation pm secret..you swine!

:D

Stu
Jan 10th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Never been to one before, it worth going to? :)

Like, totally dude.

emmapresley
Jan 10th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Oops! I seem to have suddenly 'forgotten' that I said EmmaPresley could crash at my place. Emma who? Crash at where? Sorry mate; you've lost me there. Don't know what you're talking about.

Fine. Be like that then.

aubergine
Jan 10th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Stu! :eek:

erfoud
Mar 8th, 2008, 10:26 AM
I was dismayed when I found out the change of the date. Why in september? Hell, I´ll be working then, so this has shattered my plans to attend that gorgeous festival. Be damned!