PDA

View Full Version : Choc coffee beans in Cafe Nero

clare155
Dec 2nd, 2007, 04:56 PM
Yesterday I went into Cafe Nero (although I didnt really want to) with a friend who loves it in there, and I picked up a pack on dark chocolate coffee beans and naturally checked all the ingredients which were all vegan and there was no allergy info so i bought them. I wasnt very hungry and only ate 3 anyway.

I later went onto the Nero website to check the nutritional information and in the allergy info it said milk!! I couldnt believe it so Ive sent them an email to see if its a mistake or if I am missing the point completely.

Hope its just a mistake on their website grrrrrr

Astrid
Dec 2nd, 2007, 06:47 PM
If the ingredients are all vegan, the allergy information about milk must be about it being made on premises that also make products with milk as an igredient. I'd still call it vegan.

clare155
Dec 2nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
Yeah I thought that might be the case but it doesnt make that clear - and i think they should really write it on the pack for people with allergies or vegans who are very strict. Hopefully you're right though!

Windfall
Dec 2nd, 2007, 08:10 PM
Im quite sure they are vegan, I used to work in Cafe Nero in Glasgow and i sneaked them into my bag all the time ,-)

hiddenfromview
Sep 15th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Old post I know, but how can they make these without shellac?

horselesspaul
Sep 15th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Old post I know, but how can they make these without shellac?
Carnauba (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnauba_wax) wax?