PDA

View Full Version : What's in your Magic Bullet?

shelzyrose
Dec 5th, 2007, 08:32 PM
Okay, so maybe you don't have a Magic Bullet, maybe you just use a blender--but what types of drinks do you whip up? In the morning, I have a smoothie with a tablespoon of peanut butter, chocolate soy milk and a banana. It's fantastic!

BlackCats
Dec 5th, 2007, 08:42 PM
That sounds yummy!:)

Heartsease
Dec 5th, 2007, 08:53 PM
I've just finished slurping down a smoothie:

Soya milk
rice milk
small piece of vanilla pod
carob powder
pumpkin seeds
sunflower seeds
hemp seeds
linseeds
hazelnuts
almonds
frozen banana
cocoa powder
cabbage

...just kidding about the cabbage! :p

Plus we put some in the freezer for later....mmm.....

shelzyrose
Dec 5th, 2007, 08:59 PM
That sounds wonderful!!

Heartsease
Dec 5th, 2007, 09:38 PM
That sounds wonderful!!
Yes it was! :D

Hazelnut butter also works really well...and if you freeze it with little chunks of medjool dates...it's all toffeelike and gorgeous! Mmmmmmm...:p

Fuhzy
Dec 5th, 2007, 09:39 PM
Well, in the juicer...

kale
celery,
lemon
apple
ginger

Suprisingly good...

sponge
Dec 5th, 2007, 10:38 PM

Maybe not cabbage, but I did put spinach leaves in my husband and daughter's smoothie once and neither one knew anything about it. The raspberries, flax and other assorted goodies hid the greens really well. :cool:

sponge
Dec 5th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Okay, so maybe you don't have a Magic Bullet, maybe you just use a blender--but what types of drinks do you whip up? In the morning, I have a smoothie with a tablespoon of peanut butter, chocolate soy milk and a banana. It's fantastic!

I make this kind also. I probably scoop in a lot more peanut butter though :) and I will sometimes put in some silken tofu to make it more "milk-shakier"

Tigerlily
Dec 5th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I need a blender :(

Heartsease
Dec 5th, 2007, 10:52 PM
Maybe not cabbage, but I did put spinach leaves in my husband and daughter's smoothie once and neither one knew anything about it. The raspberries, flax and other assorted goodies hid the greens really well. :cool:

Cool! Kale goes well in smoothies too...particularly with blurberries.
I was going to say 'rubber duck' instead of cabbage....cuz, indeed, cabbage is'ny unlikely enough to be funny! :p

My son likes to chew raw cabbage...whew...cabbage breath is soooo eye-watering! That and brussel sprouts....ew (but yum all the same)...

(sorry, I digress...)

jamboxrock
Dec 5th, 2007, 11:36 PM
Today I was going to make this for a snack. Didn't have time, will make tomorrow.

banana, mango, kiwi, fresh oj and maybe frozen strawberries, with water to thin

I like to use water to thin when I'm trying to keep smoothies low fat and low cal. I add some rice or soy milk when I want to add some protein. And stevia if the fruit isn't sweet enough on its own.

Oliver Oil
Dec 9th, 2007, 07:45 PM

Soya milk
rice milk
small piece of vanilla pod
carob powder
pumpkin seeds
sunflower seeds
hemp seeds
linseeds
hazelnuts
almonds
frozen banana
cocoa powder
cabbage

Plus we put some in the freezer for later....mmm.....

This combo sounds absolutely scrumptious and nutritious (I'm glad you were kidding about the cabbage ;) ) Can you recall how much of each ingredient you used? I've got to give this smoothie a try.