PDA

View Full Version : Co-op household goods?

Smiles
Dec 11th, 2007, 05:35 PM
Hi, I know Co-op label their Vegan food really well, but does anyone know what of thier household stuff is sutiable for vegans?

twinkle
Dec 11th, 2007, 06:18 PM
They label all their household goods as well - sometimes it's in quite small print on the back though. It will usually say something like "no animal testing, no animal ingredients"

Hemlock
Dec 11th, 2007, 07:57 PM
That is correct, i get all my household bleach, washing powder and washing liquid etc from the Co-Op.

bryzee86
Dec 12th, 2007, 02:08 AM
yeah i have toilet cleaner, anti-bac spray, dishwasher tablet, washing capsules and washing up liquid from there. They do others of course. But just look for the "no animal ingredients" fineprint as twinkle mentioned. They are BUAV approved so don't test on animals.

Spud Addict
Dec 12th, 2007, 06:46 AM
There's one thing at least I know of, I think it's the fabric softener that contains an animal ingredient. Other than that, everything I can think of household-y I have used and is ok. :)

Smiles
Dec 12th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Thanks, I saw that their products were BUVA approved, and they did not contain any animal products, but I was'nt quite sure if that ment derived products aswell.

Sounds like I will now be able to but Co-Op and save a fortune (i'm a student) esp. now that ecover have lst the vegan sunflower!
BB

bryzee86
Dec 12th, 2007, 08:24 PM
yeah that's exactly how I am now, smiles.

sugarmouse
Dec 13th, 2007, 07:37 PM
I buy my stuff from the co op too.I wonder why the term 'Goods?' I mean I know they arent going to call them 'bads'but why 'goods'?:confused::)

bryzee86
Dec 13th, 2007, 10:55 PM
erm... I don't know how to approach that, sugarmouse! Erm.. well the term "goods" is like saying "products". Like baked "goods" or imported "goods".

Sorry, I'm bad at explaining!

sugarmouse
Dec 14th, 2007, 01:21 AM
I know lol I just dont get why:)

herbwormwood
Dec 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Goods has a slightly different meaning when it is used in the context of a product. Its not really anything to do with good and bad.
Wikipedia explains it here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goods