PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis Vegans

FR
May 5th, 2004, 01:10 AM
Just wondering if anyone here is from the Indy area.

:D

Artichoke47
May 5th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Just wondering if anyone here is from the Indy area.

:D

Indy resident right here!

...but you already know that. ;)

Themightyzero
May 5th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Almost! Im about 3 and a half hours north hahha.

FR
May 5th, 2004, 10:36 PM
So does that mean you are close to Chicago Diner? What a lovely place, I envy you if thats the case.

mattd
May 10th, 2004, 05:40 PM
we took my mom to three sisters for lunch yesterday. i think that may be my favorite places in indy to eat for the time being. they have a new vegan mushroom potato soup that's really good. and that bbq tempeh is awesome.

FR
May 12th, 2004, 12:25 AM
When I called Three Sisters, they told me they are not exclusively vegetarian let alone vegan. Is that the case?

mattd
May 12th, 2004, 04:34 AM
no, they're not. but there's maybe one all vegetarian restaurant in the entire city, and from what i've heard it's not that good. well, i guess there's a couple indian places too, but thats not much of a variety. so if you'll only eat at all veg'n places then you're shit out of luck in this city. three sisters is locally owned, and they do have some really good vegan items on the menu. so i think they deserve the support of the vegan community.

FR
May 12th, 2004, 01:00 PM
My concern is cross contamination. If I were to order a BBQ Tempeh, how am I assured it is not cooked on the same grill that they cooked flesh on?

Do you know the name of the all vegetarian restaurant? I know Udipi (Indian cuisine) is all vegetarian.

Unregistered
May 12th, 2004, 10:06 PM
i can't remember the name of the veggie place, all i know is that it's on the north side. and i can understand what you're saying about cross contamination, but i'd say three sisters is pretty safe. you could always call and find out just to be safe.