PDA

View Full Version : Prague

Pansypuss
Dec 28th, 2007, 10:30 AM
Had a weekend in Prague just before Christmas. Clear Head (Lehka hlava),Borsov 2, Praha 1, Czechia (Praha 1) at south of Charles Bridge and Staré Město metro stop) is a great place to eat. Friendly and reasonably priced with a good selection of vegan food. I'm afraid we didn't get around to trying other places but hope to when we go back.

dreamqueen
Dec 28th, 2007, 02:29 PM
I really enjoyed Clear Head too, but next time check out Bio Bar Von Anton (or something like that) - they have the best desserts in the world and the main hostess/waitress is super nice and helpful.

Roxy
Dec 28th, 2007, 03:39 PM
A-ha! Here's another holiday destination for me to research :)

dreamqueen
Jan 3rd, 2008, 08:58 PM
Sorry, I screwed this up a little - Bio Bar Von Anton is in Vienna. Hubby and I went to Prague and Vienna last year and foodwise, the experiences are blurring in my memory. Sorry! :o

spazzpoet
Mar 24th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Lehka Hlava was beautiful, best meal out I've had in a long time! Also I found a neat little vege/dairy free diner behind the Country Life just off the Old Town Square. Had a week in Prague and hardly any problems getting decent vegan food. Dekuji!

threeheadedpuppy
Aug 14th, 2008, 12:04 AM
I loved Lehka hlava too! The atmosphere was really nice, with the star covered ceiling, and heated glowing orange tables! The food was great too. Country life café was nice too, although I stacked my plate up with cold salads before realising that all the good stuff - warm cooked food, was hidden in the corner, by which time my plate was pretty full!

tipsy
Aug 14th, 2008, 02:44 AM
herbivore's travel issue has a feature on prague.

id love to go there again as a vegan!!

Orange-powered
Aug 14th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I went to prague last year, I didn't find it that easy finding food but I think that's cos I went with an omni and she wanted to eat out at omni places,which left me with salads :rolleyes: we went to check out country life, but no one in the health shop spoke English so I coudn't tell which of the stuff was vegan or not as I can't read czech! we didn't have time to go to the cafe. we did find a really nice place that did afghan food, some of which was vegan. I only went for 3 days though, and I took a lot of my own food, so it wasn't too bad. Prague itself was wonderful anyway.

Orange-powered
Aug 14th, 2008, 11:39 AM
forgot to add there were some great tea rooms there, sorry I can't give any names which is a bit useless :o

Joeybee
Aug 14th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Me and my man have been looking into Prague, it looks like a beautiful place, and according to the Happy Cow website there are places to eat there. Think we are going to research more befor we go there though, make sure we don't end up stuck for food!

alisont
Aug 15th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Me and 2 vegan friends went couple of years ago - got on fine - loved clear head and another place a bio/organinc place must look up the name.

We went self catering some great apartments there so had breakfast in the apartment, lunches and dinners out - wonderful food:) Beautiful city too, loved it there, would love to go for the Christmas market one year.

It is harder out of the centre eating vegan but in the city plenty of choice and Tescos had soya milk etc, country life health shop for other supplies.

Shrapnel
Aug 22nd, 2008, 05:39 AM
I wish I checked here before I went last November, but I did manage to find vegan food. Picking up stuff at the grocery stores helped. Prague is a beautiful city, and it's good that eating vegan isn't too hard.