PDA

View Full Version : Something awful has happened.

Aradia
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:12 PM
I'm having chilli for dinner tonight and .... well, I've run out of tabasco.

You hear about things like this happening, but you just don't think it will happen to you. I can't believe I was so slack.

It's too late for me, but please everyone, take head and make sure this doesn't happen to you.

Roxy
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
:eek: What are you going to use instead?

Hemlock
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Wow :eek: I have a gun you can borrow, you know what to do:D On the other hand you could just nip out to the shops ;)

eco
Jan 22nd, 2008, 05:51 PM
My deepest sympathies Aradia. There must be a tabasco helpline you can phone, or perhaps there's a tabasco forum where tabasco lovers can share their stories of when they ran out of the hot stuff and give much needed support.

Aradia
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:02 PM
Wow :eek: I have a gun you can borrow, you know what to do:D On the other hand you could just nip out to the shops ;)

I live in rural France ... it aint that easy! And the chillie was about to hit the plate before I realised. Now ... this gun ... how easy is it to use?

Nothing.... there are loads of chillis in it, but it's just not the same without tabasco.

Aradia
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:03 PM
My deepest sympathies Aradia. There must be a tabasco helpline you can phone, or perhaps there's a tabasco forum where tabasco lovers can share their stories of when they ran out of the hot stuff and give much needed support.

I'm not ready to talk about it yet, except with you guys .. .it's just too raw.

eco
Jan 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Hang on in there, time heals.

absentmindedfan
Jan 22nd, 2008, 07:23 PM
For God's sake don't get hysterical woman! *slap*

I know it's important, I know you feel like you've reached the depths of Hell, but you'll pull through! You must! For all the chillis of the future!

Mystic
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:26 PM
Ok...I am going to be totally ruthless - Who CARES???!!!! Tobasco is dirty, feral stuff that tastes like rotten peppers :eek:

Maybe this is a sign that you need to move on from tobasco and stick to proper chilli for flavouring your dish.

(shakes her head in disappointment and wonders why people have a tobasco fixation)

Megan89
Jan 22nd, 2008, 08:28 PM
i never use tabasco and always have yummy chillis..

Sluggie
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:45 PM
Stickydate, you're a mean, mean woman.

Korn
Jan 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
You hear about things like this happening, but you just don't think it will happen to you.
:D

Mystic
Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
Stickydate, you're a mean, mean woman.

Yup - a ruthless old bitch I am :D

Roxy
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:04 AM
Please people, show some support here. Our dear friend Aradia is trying to cope with a difficult situation and grieving is part of the process.

Aradia
Jan 23rd, 2008, 12:00 PM
I want to thank everybody for their kind words at this difficult time. I slept a lot better than I thought I would and things are looking quite bright today. I think I'm going to be ok.

As for you Sticky ! ... I'm going to assume you've had a bad bag of dates and are hallucinating!

auntierozzi
Jan 23rd, 2008, 05:48 PM
Where can you get dates like that? They sound interesting...

Mahk
Jan 23rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
It's too late for me, but please everyone, take head and make sure this doesn't happen to you.

Speaking of dating, I have to agree with Roxy on this one. Substituting one's spicy food craving with an immediate sexual act is not a good habit to start. You are just swapping one addiction for another. Imagine your embarrassing predicament if some day while on a first date in a public restaurant your black pepper shaker ran dry. :p

Oh wait, did you mean "heed"?