PDA

View Full Version : those little fried chip things that come with chinese food

thecatspajamas1
Jan 27th, 2008, 05:37 AM
Ok, you know when you order Chinese food and you get a bag of those fried wafery things? I always thought they were vegan, but I saw a bag in a supermarket one time and they contained egg; I don't remember the brand that I saw though. Does anyone know the deal on this?

Roxy
Jan 27th, 2008, 06:00 AM
You don't mean the prawn crackers do you? I don't think they're even vegetarian. Maybe we're talking about different things though.

thecatspajamas1
Jan 27th, 2008, 06:14 AM
No No they look like this http://www.96seven44.com/images/onetonchips_chips.jpg

Roxy
Jan 27th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Ohhhh.....you don't get those with Chinese food up here. They look like fried wonton wrappers though. From what I know some are vegan and some aren't.

Hopefully someone else can help you better with this one. Sorry!!

Haniska
Jan 27th, 2008, 06:31 PM
I've been eating them Billies with a sideways glance too.

tipsy
Jan 27th, 2008, 06:40 PM
. From what I know some are vegan and some aren't.

thats what i was going to say too.

helpfull, arent we? :p

Healthy
Jan 29th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Speaking of Chinese food ... I ended up at a Chinese buffet this weekend and I saw those vegetarian spring rolls ... I didn't eat them, JUST IN CASE, but does anyone know if they are truly vegan? They certainly looked different from the pork rolls ... the dough was thinner, looked more baked than fried ... wasn't sure though ...

seitan
Jan 29th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Speaking of Chinese food ... I ended up at a Chinese buffet this weekend and I saw those vegetarian spring rolls ... I didn't eat them, JUST IN CASE, but does anyone know if they are truly vegan? They certainly looked different from the pork rolls ... the dough was thinner, looked more baked than fried ... wasn't sure though ...

in london (where im going this weekend) there are about 10-15 VEGAN chinese palces ,so, wahtever is there to eat, is vegan!

jamboxrock
Jan 29th, 2008, 11:03 PM
All the crispy noodles I've asked about have been egg noodles, sorry. As far as spring rolls go I think you're all right as long as they're veggie. They're fried, but usually the wrapper is vegan. Egg rolls are definitely not.

sugarmouse
Jan 30th, 2008, 12:56 AM
I was goin to say that too..veggie roll chinese wise are usually absolutely fine,but personally i would ask the waiter to be 1005%sure:)

Boosha
Jan 30th, 2008, 09:20 PM
those crispy things are so delish! but unfortunately, I dont think they are vegan. I have a very strong suspicion that there is egg involved. i steer clear....