PDA

View Full Version : Punching bags & fitness balls

sugarmouse
Jan 29th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Does anyone have one of those punch/boxing bags or use one?I would like one in my house..not sure whether to get a free standing one or get one hooked up to my ceiling!Or what type to go for..does anyone know anything else about them?

Also I have just gotten one of those huge yoga ball things...that you sit on and excersise with but I am wondering if I am missing out by not using it properly!Anybody else have one of those?

puffin
Jan 29th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I had a gym/swiss/stability ball but my cat killed it :)
They are great for the stomach and we use them all the time in the gym.
Here is some pics and info that might help
http://exercise.about.com/cs/abs/l/bl_core.htm

I have used a punch bag, great exercise. Free standing dont move as much so if i was going to buy one i would get the one on the stand or screw one into the joist of the garage. We have the pads, my hubby puts them on while i punch, great for marriage frustrations ;)

veggiemaya
Jan 29th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Does anyone have one of those punch/boxing bags or use one?I would like one in my house..not sure whether to get a free standing one or get one hooked up to my ceiling!Or what type to go for..does anyone know anything else about them?

i dont have one of these but i am familiar with both kinds. i would suggest getting one of the free standing ones that have sand in the bottom, those are very good. this is a great way to get exercise and also a stress reliever. i take a kickbox class about 5 times a week at my gym and i love it!

Also I have just gotten one of those huge yoga ball things...that you sit on and excersise with but I am wondering if I am missing out by not using it properly!Anybody else have one of those?

this is also very good to use for core strengthening. you just have to be sure that you have the proper size for you. you can use this to sit on when you are doing weights, to lean on when you are doing crunches. by keeping yourself stable on the ball you are working the core without realizing. another good one is to lay on your back squeeze the ball in between your knees. bring it up to your hands and grab it..straighten your legs, bring them back up to grab the ball again between your knees. not sure if that is difficult to picture..but i have done those exercises and it does the job. by holding it there between your knees..you are using inner and outer thigh muscles, along with the abs to raise your legs. have fun!! :)