PDA

View Full Version : If A Monkey Made you a Sandwich, would you eat it ?

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

xrodolfox
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM
My brother looks like a monkey, and I've eaten sandwiches he's made me.

Now that I think about it, he probably didn't wash his hands either. :eek:

Korn
Feb 7th, 2008, 02:53 PM
My brother looks like a monkey, and I've eaten sandwiches he's made me.
This thread is getting better and better!
:)

Cheezcake Spice
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
What if the monkey was really Tarzan in disguise?? lol. I'm sure Disney has already attempted to cover that topic in one of their many sequals.

As long as the monkey didn't put any bugs in the sandwhich I'd eat it. Or is that gorillas that eat critter babies? Your question confuses me!!!!

RedWellies
Feb 7th, 2008, 04:35 PM
I'll make you all a sandwich instead, how about that?

pavotrouge
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:04 PM
ok. but without pickles :)

what if the monkey died while he was making the sandwich?

whalespace
Feb 7th, 2008, 06:05 PM
... I can just about imagine a primate deciding to share food with a human, as I think they sometimes do share it with one another.

As long as the monkey didn't put any bugs in the sandwhich I'd eat it. Or is that gorillas that eat critter babies? Your question confuses me!!!!

I think gorillas just munch vegetation, and sometimes there are bugs in it.

I read some idea about sharing food evolving from not trying to defend all of it, to throwing some to satisfy aggressive scavengers....to encouraging attendance. Pacification.

I wouldn't mince the monkey's brothers, whether she layed me a sandwich or not.
Eating menstrual leftovers is the thin end of a wedge, but less bad than calf trauma in my opinion.

ImVeganOUT!!!
Feb 8th, 2008, 01:31 AM
this is awesome..props to the girl who asked the question and i think i have to say diddo to sandra becuz she put it into words so well

Russ
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:11 PM
loooooooooooooooool @ thread ...

I think possibly ... though if said monkey has successfully made a sandwich then s/he surely has A KNIFE ... I'll eat it, but I'm not turning my back on that monkey for a second ...

In fact I can't see this having a good outcome. You guys just aren't seeing the big picture. Monkeys + knives = bloodshed and possible takeover of planet by primate forces .. and then DIS HAPPENS ...

http://weblogs.variety.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/08/01/planet_of_the_apes225pxpotaending.jpg

*falls to his knees*

NOOOOOOOOOOOO .... THIS WAS OUR PLANET .... :(

vegcurry
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:22 PM
I'm glad to see you chose the original one there Russ. :D

Russ
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:25 PM
It's because I'm a huge Charlton Heston, fan, didn'tchaknow? ;)

vegcurry
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Anyone that can blow away mutants and quote from Woodstock, as in The Omega Man gets my vote .... um ... maybe not. :D

I wonder if a mutant made you a sandwich would you eat it??:eek: :p :confused:

Russ
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Is it a regular mutant, or a mutant monkey? Hmmm ...

If the mutants and monkeys can both make sandwiches ... how long before they invent burning-hot soup?

I liked how the remake of the Omega Man (that came out 28 YEARS AFTER) was presented as a new movie ...

vegcurry
Feb 11th, 2008, 12:56 PM
It's only those of us who like 70's scifi movies that would know that film factoid Russ. :)
As to soup wielding mutants .... is the soup made from Soylent Green? :D

Ruby Rose
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM
So can we eat Soylent Green if it's made out of vegans?

Russ
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Could be ... but more importantly ..

IT'S A COOKBOOK ...!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Serve_Man_%28The_Twilight_Zone%29) :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Edit: this post was fail ...

vegcurry
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:18 PM
So can we eat Soylent Green if it's made out of vegans?

Just a thought.... maybe it depends on whether the said ingredient gave their consent beforehand. It would make an interesting addition to my kidney donor card. Maybe something like: In the event of an accident in a future society faced by a food crisis and overpopulation, I give my consent to being reused as food, but only for vegans.

aubergine
Feb 11th, 2008, 01:50 PM
.. and then DIS HAPPENS ...

Nice.

Mahk
Feb 11th, 2008, 02:17 PM
I wouldn't mind eating a sandwich made by a monkey (if it was clean), but I would oppose both training a monkey to make sandwiches and any commercial use of monkeys.

But what about keeping the monkey as a companion animal/pet? Is that okay since (some) people have been doing it for centuries?

This thread's original question is not so original:
puGYYhTs4Fo

Ruby Rose
Feb 11th, 2008, 03:37 PM
Always makes me smile! But then, the monkey is a red herring (or some such miscegenation) - the thread's original question was about free range eggs, and why vegans didn't eat them even if they came from 'happy' hens.

Russ
Feb 11th, 2008, 03:58 PM
You're right ... another day, another threadjacking ...

*hangs head in shame*

Digital Ghost
Feb 11th, 2008, 04:32 PM
My first thought is...............Seeing as its a monkey making the sandwich the filling would probably be banana and I don't like bananas - so no I wouldn't eat it.

absentmindedfan
Feb 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
My first thought is...............Seeing as its a monkey making the sandwich the filling would probably be banana and I don't like bananas - so no I wouldn't eat it.

That's being predijudiced towards monkey culture. HATE CRIME!

Ruby Rose
Feb 11th, 2008, 04:53 PM
You're right ... another day, another threadjacking ...

*hangs head in shame*
No, no - jack away, my friend! (oo-er ;)) Sorry to have called everyone to order.

Russ
Feb 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
That's being predijudiced towards monkey culture. HATE CRIME!

loooooooooooooool yeah ... FIRST THEY CAME FOR THE MONKEES ... not being a monkey, I did not speak up ..

No, no - jack away, my friend!

I was going to wait until I'd LEFT THE FORUM in five minutes time .. but LUCKY FOR YOU I TAKE REQUESTS ...

Sorry to have called everyone to order.

So you should be ... :D I was just joining in on the trolling which I -suspect- is the whole basis of this thread ...

eco
Feb 11th, 2008, 05:22 PM
If it were freely given by a monkey who had not been trained to do it then I would share it with the monkey, possibly offering said monkey a glug or two of my London Pride afterwards. We might then go on to a light banana dessert..
I agree with that and after the light banana dessert, followed by cheezly, biscuits and coffee, I'd ask the monkey if he or she would care to accompany me to a club or, if he/she didn't feel like dancing the night away, to see a film. The perfect night out.