PDA

View Full Version : body wash recommendations/milk alternatives

quixotica
Feb 12th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Hello all!

I was wondering if anyone could recommend hair/body wash for my 16 month old daughter? She has very sensitive skin, if it matters. I've looked around and found several, but I'd love to have some personal experiences!

Also - we give our daughter Silk for kids....what do your children drink? Soy milk, almond milk, rice milk? We had someone tell use that our daughter should be drinking almond milk and for the life of us, we can't figure out why (unless it's just the *soy is evil* mindset).

Thanks!

pat sommer
Feb 15th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Nuts have essential fatty acids and most parents don't give toddlers whole nuts for fear of choking; drinking them works.
Water is the preferred beverage. Other 'milks' are great if you think of them as a food. They certainly are a convenient snack on the road.

Very sensitive skin? If she isn't really dirty (city grime) just needs freshening up (neck cheese...) then finely ground oatmeal, one teaspoon will do, mixed in your palm with enough water to be lotiony, does a good job. Rinse 'til all oaty-flecks are gone and skin feels so smooth. For especially dry skin, almond meal is oilier and so gentle.

I didn't regularly use soapy products on my daughter 'til around 3yrs.

sponge
Feb 16th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Dr bonner has a brand of baby soap that is all natural and super mild.

http://www.drbronner.com/drb_sai_liquids.html

quixotica
Feb 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Dr bonner has a brand of baby soap that is all natural and super mild.

http://www.drbronner.com/drb_sai_liquids.html

Well, who knew?! Is that something new?

Thanks for the reply!

Tigerlily
Feb 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I never bathed a child so I have no idea how hard it is to use soap bars...but I really like olive oil soap. Very gentle!

sponge
Feb 16th, 2008, 08:53 PM
The dr. bonner soaps are not new, but I'm not sure how long their baby soap variety has been around. Their almond oil soap is nice and the tee tree soap is good for various skin conditions.

Justin
Feb 16th, 2008, 08:55 PM
'simple' do some baby stuff too