PDA

View Full Version : Scotland Trip

Pages : 1 [2]

gogs67
Sep 29th, 2008, 04:27 PM
I think I see Kevin Costner at the bottom of that waterfall - nakey!:o
I was thinking more of Jenny Agutter but, hey, there's probably room there for them both!:D

vava
Sep 29th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I was thinking more of Jenny Agutter but, hey, there's probably room there for them both!:D

yeah but then they would get it on with each other! - looks like it is you and me then gogs!:eek::D

Est
Sep 29th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Fab photos emzy, and what an inspirational write-up about your journey (and not just the trip to Scotland!)

I'm so glad that you are feeling great in yourself. Go you! :)

emzy1985
Sep 29th, 2008, 04:46 PM
It was wonderful and is why I haven't been on the forum for ages. (that and a lack of internet!)

So life is this new canvas for me! The depression practically ate me alive, but now I'm back...maybe to a person I haven't been in years...maybe an entirely new person. All I know is that I am happy and that life is moving on! :D

AnneCE
Sep 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Hi Emzy
it was brilliant reading about your trip north and the effect it has had on you. I struggle with depression too and am under a bit of stress - I have begun to think about a wee trip to spend some time in the fresh air, no light pollution etc - and you have inspired me to go for it. It won't be till November at the earliest but I like that time of year. Can you give me the B&B's details by PM or even on here?
I bet I won't be the only vegan heading their way based on your recommendation.
And enjoy being alive after the depression!
Anne

gogs67
Sep 29th, 2008, 06:40 PM
yeah but then they would get it on with each other! - looks like it is you and me then gogs!:eek::D
Ach, it's a nice big waterfall, plenty of room for everyone!:D

And i'm real glad you had a great time in the Highlands Emzy. And not a mention of midges!

sandra
Sep 29th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Lovely to see your holiday photos Emzy and to know you had such a wonderful time! :) xx

emzy1985
Sep 29th, 2008, 10:13 PM
The B&B is called Evergreen! http://www.evergreenlochness.co.uk/

You should definately go AnneCE and say hi to Fiona and Graham for me! :p I'm definately going back!

There were no midges but plenty of wasps! :(

Marrers
Sep 30th, 2008, 01:46 AM
I bet I won't be the only vegan heading their way based on your recommendation.
Makes me want to hot-foot it up there right now, could do with a bit of inner life change myself!

cobweb
Sep 30th, 2008, 04:28 AM
brilliant, emzy, just what you needed as it turned out!.

Life can be funny sometimes, you must of had someone watching over you on your trip.

Very happy for you.x

flying plum
Sep 30th, 2008, 10:25 AM
wow, that sounds amazing emzy! and the b&b sounds fab...will definately remember that. we're planning to make a trip to scotland some time next year, and the thought of food was holding me back a bit (there are times when sometimes i irrationally hate my veganism...)

glad you had a fab time. i had a year similar to the one you had by the sounds of it, a few years ago. bad breakup, depressed, hated life etc... i took myself off to california for a month and rediscovered life and i literally came back a completely different person. sometimes it takes a little time alone in a strange place to really get to know yourself. sounds cliched, but i really think it's true...

amanda

emzy1985
Sep 30th, 2008, 10:40 AM
brilliant, emzy, just what you needed as it turned out!.

Life can be funny sometimes, you must of had someone watching over you on your trip.

Very happy for you.x

I felt abit like something very powerful was watching over me, almost sitting on my shoulder after the deer incident. What is meant to be is meant to be. Two days before, I wasn't even gonna go at all.

Guys, if you do go there make sure you have dinner at least one night. All the rooms have mini fridges anyway so you can bring all your own munchies. Fiona stocks them up with fresh fruit and soya milk everyday anyway!

Dinner consisted of:

Starter: Avocado, rocket, pine nut and sundried tomato salad
Main: Vegetable stew with new potatoes
Desert: Swedish glace and maple syrup

Also there was plenty of vegan wine on offer for those of you who like a tipple!