PDA

View Full Version : which is your favorite apple?

Pages : [1] 2

veggiemaya
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:31 PM
i am eating a delicious fuji apple right now. what is your favorite?
i also like pink lady and honeycrisp

missbettie
Feb 20th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Gayla!!!! and I do love me a pink lady.

Russ
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:06 PM
Got to be Granny Smiths ... NO OTHER APPLE has the same crunchiness AND sharp flavour ... golden delicious bores me.

sponge
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:15 PM
gayla, fuji, pink lady

missbettie
Feb 20th, 2008, 10:49 PM
the granny hurts my tummy cause they are so tart.

howdawg
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Mmm a vote for gayla here!

howdawg
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Also a big fan of crab apples.. mmmmmm

JC
Feb 20th, 2008, 11:04 PM
Braeburn. all the way!

ellaminnowpea
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:08 AM
I seriously can't eat apples, they hurt my stomach!

I remember really really liking Braeburn, though.

Risker
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:14 AM
WTF is a gayla apple? Do you mean Gala?

missbettie
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:53 AM
lol ya. well I thought they were happy apples...

howdawg
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:13 AM
WTF is a gayla apple? Do you mean Gala?

... I'm pretty sure I've seen it spelled both ways... Not sure though haha

veggiemaya
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:32 AM
the granny hurts my tummy cause they are so tart.

i think i also have issues with my belly depending on what type i eat. i notice more problems with the ones that have a tartness to them also. what a bummer, because i love those. with a little bit of natural peanut butter!? mmmm!

claireyveg
Feb 21st, 2008, 02:44 AM
Fugis, definately, if not available then sundowners, but i hate hate hate powdery apples, ewww

sinarei
Feb 21st, 2008, 03:54 AM
I am going through a major apple phase right now! As long as they are crisp and juicy I like to switch it up with different varieties. My overall favorite is granny smith, but I had my first pink lady today and it was REALLY good! Lately I've been getting what ever is most fragrant at the grocery store and it hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Wow, I really want an apple now... but I just finished eating and I'm absolutely stuffed. Maybe with breakfast tomorrow! Yum, i'm looking forward to it :p

dreamqueen
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:08 AM
Golden Russets rock my world.

applepie
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:15 AM
braeburn.
in germany i love boskop which are grown in the area where i'm from.

veggiemaya
Feb 21st, 2008, 04:31 AM
I am going through a major apple phase right now! As long as they are crisp and juicy I like to switch it up with different varieties. My overall favorite is granny smith, but I had my first pink lady today and it was REALLY good! Lately I've been getting what ever is most fragrant at the grocery store and it hasn't steered me wrong yet.
Wow, I really want an apple now... but I just finished eating and I'm absolutely stuffed. Maybe with breakfast tomorrow! Yum, i'm looking forward to it :p

haha, there must be something to it. i once became what i would consider to be a bit of an apple addict. and by all means the crunchier the better. if i can actually get someone's attention on the other side of the room by biting in to my apple...i know i have got a good one!! i heard, and i think also read, somewhere that apples can give you an energy boost. i dont know if there is any truth to that at all, but what an added plus that would be!

Tigerlily
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:26 AM
I don't really like the texture of apples! But I love apple juice, apple sauce, apple pie, etc. :) Weird?

Roxy
Feb 21st, 2008, 06:43 AM
Same! I'm not an apple fan at all, but I love apple juice....oh and apple pie....I love apple pie :D

Pilaf
Feb 21st, 2008, 07:41 AM
I like Red Delicious and Granny Smith.

Cliche' I know.

celtic rose
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:33 AM
Another vote for pink lady.

I had a honeycrisp once and it was very juicy, but haven't seen them since :(

paragonx
Feb 21st, 2008, 11:40 AM
gala for me.

Paulski
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:31 PM
Granny Smith is the baddest granny on the planet. I don't eat no apple unless I feel some kind of pain from the extreme tartness! Crunchy dark red apples (what are they called) are nice too, but Golden Delicious are pants!

I am really feeling the hate with regard to not nice apples.

Are there any other fruit which spark such feuds and infighting? Surely th eapple must be crowned the most vicious of them all!

Shut up Paul.

Paulski
Feb 21st, 2008, 12:32 PM
I like Red Delicious and Granny Smith.

Cliche' I know.

Cliched apple fan, ha!