PDA

View Full Version : Vegan Chocolate

lazytiger
Mar 2nd, 2008, 12:42 AM
Hello again,

I have finally been able to rid myself of my stupid pizza addiction. Even though my weight initially suffered a downward jerk, I was able to stabilize it pretty soon. Thanks to all the members here for their help and support. However, I am not still a vegan. Chocolate and Honey are the final hurdles to cross. But let me confine myself to chocolate here first. I generally take on one at a time as I think that will be more effective. Are there any Vegan Chocolates available at stores like Walmart in the US? I tried searching, but could not find any. Please let me know. Thanks again.

Est
Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:06 AM
Hi lazytiger :) I fought a pizza addiction (triple cheese topping usually :eek: ) and won so I know how much willpower that must have taken! Well done!
I'm in the UK so I don't know what Walmart stocks, but most dark chocolate is vegan because it tends to just contain cocoa rather than cocoa plus milk-based ingredients.
Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be along soon to recommend specific brands!
Good luck :)

PS When you start tackling the honey, I can higly recommend Agave Nectar! It's more expensive, but you use less of it than honey (maybe 2/3rds the amount of honey?) because it's sweeter, so it pretty much balances out.

Roxy
Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:16 AM
Congratulations on overcoming your pizza addiction :) That's great!

Personally, I hate Walmart and don't shop there, so I don't know what they carry. I imagine they might have Green & Black's though (as they are owned by Cadbury's). If so, the Green & Blacks dark chocolates are vegan and also very nice :)

gogs67
Mar 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Green & Blacks orange dark chocolate is quite possibly the best stuff ever made,lol!

Marrers
Mar 5th, 2008, 02:31 AM
The Original Goldenberg Peanut Chews (http://www.typetive.com/candyblog/item/peanut_chews) (red pack, plain chocolate) are vegan, sort of similar to Snickers.

Not sure if they sell them all over the US but if not in your area you could mail order (http://www.peanutchewsstore.com/index.tpl).

Jiffy
Mar 6th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Green & Blacks orange dark chocolate is quite possibly the best stuff ever made,lol!

I had my first Hazlenut & Currant one last week...excellent, but I think the Ginger one is the best.

Korn
Mar 6th, 2008, 06:42 AM
Are there any Vegan Chocolates available at stores like Walmart in the US? I tried searching, but could not find any.
Couldn't you find any chocolate with the label 'vegan' on the package, or couldn't you find any that didn't contain any animal products?

Kay
Mar 6th, 2008, 02:19 PM

I agree the dark chocolate with orange is SO GOOD!:D