PDA

View Full Version : How long do muffins last?

confusionisben
Mar 2nd, 2008, 06:49 PM
I just made a batch of (incredible) chocolate chip and raspberry muffins, but am at a loss on how long they will last. I'm hoping tuesday so that i can share them with a university project group (to prove that Vegans can and do produce incredibly lucious cakes and that).
Any ideas?

Usually of course they're devoured within a day.

emmapresley
Mar 2nd, 2008, 09:48 PM
in an airtight tin..4 or 5 days..
sit on your hands until tuesday..they will be fine
i sniggered at the title of this thread..of course :rolleyes:

Cherry
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:13 PM
I'd say scoff the lot and make some more tomorrow/Tuesday :D Much more fun than airtight tins.

emmapresley
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:14 PM
gernuios idea cherry..

Cherry
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:19 PM
Yes, I do have moments of gernuios from time to time :D

Roxy
Mar 2nd, 2008, 10:27 PM
I'd have to agree with this advice :D

confusionisben
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
at this rate i will have to make some more, eeep.

bryzee86
Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:44 AM
you could always freeze them. or make up the mix, spoon into cases, then freeze. then you can bake from frozen, just add a bit more cooking time.

confusionisben
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:00 PM
you could always freeze them. or make up the mix, spoon into cases, then freeze. then you can bake from frozen, just add a bit more cooking time.

Excellent idea that i'll utilize next time i'm at home (i don't really have the facilities to bake in my student house)

Thanks all. The muffins that survived my hands kept till today, and went down a right treat. Woop. Proof to the omni's that vegans can make some killer chocolate cakes.

Cherry
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Yay! Well done Confusionisben :)

make up the mix, spoon into cases, then freeze. then you can bake from frozen, just add a bit more cooking time.

Bryz -Can you really do that !? Don't all the little carbon dioxide bubbles disapparate or something!?

emmapresley
Mar 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
hehhe..disapparate...then <<TWING!!>> they apparate in an entirely different kitchen..hopefully mine..where i shall be waiting with a large spoon and an open mouth..mua ha ha

Cherry
Mar 4th, 2008, 08:04 PM
:) Knew you'd understand that one! It would just be carbon dioxide with muffin aromas though EP ;)

ivandurago
Mar 5th, 2008, 11:13 PM
freeze them, and have almost no worries about them spoiling

treehugga
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:55 AM
At my house - about 5 minutes :o