PDA

View Full Version : What's your Body Mass Index ?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

gertvegan
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:19 PM
(Edit: Please don't vote again if you already have voted, even if it's technically possibly since this is a restored thread. Korn.)

What's your Body Mass Index ?

You can work it out in Imperial HERE. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/your_weight/bmiimperial_index.shtml)

Or in Metric HERE. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/your_weight/bmimetric_index.shtml)

Or if you wanna work it out yourself just follow these three steps.

Work out your height in metres and multiply the figure by itself.
Measure your weight in kilograms
Divide the weight by the height squared (ie. the answer to Q1.) For example you might be 1.6m (5 feet 3 inches) tall and weigh 65kg (10 stone). The calculation would then be:
1.6 x 1.6 = 2.56. BMI would be 65 divided by 2.56 = 25.39.

Mystic
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I am 17 - but that is okay coz I used to be 14 :(

foxytina_69
Nov 18th, 2004, 09:15 PM
i dont know. i get very very depressed when i weigh myself and i figure its just better not to.

Artichoke47
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:15 PM

John
Nov 18th, 2004, 11:01 PM
24.4 :)

It's funny because the scale says I'm almost overweight but I'm actually quite thin.

snivelingchild
Nov 19th, 2004, 12:08 AM

Geoff
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:07 AM
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might incriminate myself. :)

ConsciousCuisine
Nov 19th, 2004, 03:20 PM
I refuse to answer on the grounds that I might incriminate myself. :)

Hey! That is EXACTLY what I was going to say! :)

I find that many people are off the charts when not even "over fat" becuase some people are bigger boned or have more muscle. My sweetie is off the charts because he's so tall and even though he is really lean (he has no fat!) he reads as overweight.

Mystic
Nov 20th, 2004, 02:39 AM
Hey! That is EXACTLY what I was going to say! :)

I find that many people are off the charts when not even "over fat" becuase some people are bigger boned or have more muscle. My sweetie is off the charts because he's so tall and even though he is really lean (he has no fat!) he reads as overweight.

Hehe maybe it's like that movie Shallow Hal - you cannot see his fat :D

LOL just kidding CC :p

Ben
Nov 20th, 2004, 04:53 AM
23.77 :)

Leigh
Nov 20th, 2004, 06:15 AM

Ben
Nov 20th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Although my result was within the "healthy" weight range, I thought I'd share my view on this theory. If all human beings had the exact same skeletal structure, this system would be accurate. However all human beings do not. There is not an "ideal" weight range for each height. I'm surprised most mainstream health sources fail to mention this. When someone with a broad, stocky skeletal structure is compaired to a person of the same height, only with a long, narrow skeletal structure, even if they both have the same body fat percentage, the person with the broad, stocky skeletal structure is going to weigh significantly more. Does this mean that anyone with a naturally round skull, square jaw-line, short neck, and broad shoulders is obese and unhealthy? Of course not. The same goes for vise-versa. Many people who are considered "underweight", are that way because they have a naturally long, narrow skeletal structure. Not because they don't eat enough. You can usually tell if someone is a healthy weight for their height just by looking at them. You don't need any kind of stupid mathmatical equation to figure it out.

Vivisanctor
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:01 AM
BMI: 27

but i got a small skeletal structure like that person said.

This means I'm actually a total fatty in disguise. :eek:

LOL

Vivisanctor
Nov 21st, 2004, 05:01 AM
btw, what the hell is that damn stones bullshit?

I had to get out a calculator.

DUH

ConsciousCuisine
Nov 21st, 2004, 09:40 AM
Hehe maybe it's like that movie Shallow Hal - you cannot see his fat :D

LOL just kidding CC :p
Hehehe :) I never saw that movie...I was a little curious about it though...as far as my sweetie is concerned, he's "off the charts" because he's 6 feet 10 inches (I just didn't want to mention that again and sound like a love-struck girl "Oh, he's sooo dreamy and tall!", but, well, he *is*! There, I said it! :))

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 21st, 2004, 10:35 AM
CC, it just has to be asked, is it true what they say about tall men? :D

snivelingchild
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:07 AM
I know you didn't ask me, and I've only got a six-footer, (and I swear I don't know what you're talking about ;) ), but...maybe. :D

PinkFluffyCloud
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:10 AM
Actually, I cheated a bit because my husband is 6ft.4, but it's been so long that I can't remember!!................ :D

Mystic
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:21 AM
Oh god - this thread has totally gone off mark :D

Vivisanctor
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:49 AM
Oh god - this thread has totally gone off mark :D

BOOBIES!!

Roxy
Nov 21st, 2004, 08:15 PM
Are we talking about wobbly bits?

Mystic
Nov 21st, 2004, 09:11 PM
It looks as though we might be :p

John
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:02 PM
btw, what the hell is that damn stones bullshit?

I had to get out a calculator.

DUH

I said "to hell with a stone" and googled "body mass index" to find a site that used real units of measurement.

BTW, does anyone want to know if it is true what they say about tall women?

John
Nov 21st, 2004, 11:18 PM
. . .Too bad, I won't tell.

ConsciousCuisine
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:06 AM
. . .Too bad, I won't tell.

I always *knew* you were a tall woman.... ;)