PDA

View Full Version : Anyone bank with Alliance & Leicester?

Maisiepaisie
Mar 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I've decided to switch my current account to Alliance & Leicester. They have this offer on right now that if any existing customers recommend a friend, both the old customer and the new customer get £25 each.
http://www.alliance-leicester.co.uk/currentaccounts/index.asp?page=recommend-friend&ct=curraccmenu&raf=Infoc
So I figured it was worth a shot that someone here banks with them. Anyone here wanna recommend me so we both get £25? I just have to give you my name and email and you fill in the form at the link above, and thats it! :)

absentmindedfan
Mar 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Don't. Get all your money out of Alliance and Leicester asap.

*taps finger to nose*

Maisiepaisie
Mar 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Why? Do they fund bad things?

absentmindedfan
Mar 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Let's put it this way. Their future doesn't look too secure, so getting your money out asap is a smart idea.

Nudge nudge, wink wink, etc

Maisiepaisie
Mar 6th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Oh I see. I wasn't aware of anything happening but thanks for the heads up. Guess I better look for another bank.

Pob
Mar 6th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Well unless you're putting in over £35,000 your money is 100% guaranteed safe, anyway.

Mr Flibble
Mar 6th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Why? Do they fund bad things? Surely all banks do? Co-op are better than most, but they still invest in non vegetarian farming etc.

Hemlock
Mar 6th, 2008, 09:48 PM
We bank with A&L but agree with AMF. Don't do it!!! They are rather crap.
we are constantly battling with them! :(

bryzee86
Mar 6th, 2008, 11:11 PM
co-op ftw

Sum Doood
Mar 6th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I bank with smile, the Co-op's internet bank. They're so very much more ethical than other banks, but NOT without fault. I'd be surprised if http://www.triodos.co.uk/ weren't much better than the Co-op / smile.

cedarblue
Mar 7th, 2008, 08:56 AM
can you expand on the co-ops faults sum doood? in a pm if you prefer?

absentmindedfan
Mar 7th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Well unless you're putting in over £35,000 your money is 100% guaranteed safe, anyway.

^ True, but anyone with any more in A&L might want to move their money. I think in the current banking climate it's not worth having more than 35k in any bank unless you can help it.

eco
Mar 7th, 2008, 11:49 AM
*taps finger to nose*...Nudge nudge, wink wink, etc
Very Monty Python :D

Sum Doood
Mar 7th, 2008, 12:29 PM

I recently asked smile about 2 particularly not-good things the Co-op were involved with and one was their involvement with GlaxoSmithKline, can't remember the other. They forgot to reply, had to be reminded and then sent a hard copy letter which I've mislaid, but I thought the fact that they'd replied in that way made it rather more difficult to lift quotes and electronically disperse them.

absentmindedfan
Mar 7th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Very Monty Python :D

A nod's a good as a wink to a blind bat...

aubergine
Mar 7th, 2008, 03:17 PM
co-op ftw

w00t

Sum Doood
Mar 9th, 2008, 08:35 PM

Then there's this: http://www.drhadwentrust.org/popup/the-co-op-cop-out