PDA

View Full Version : experiments with pregnant ewes

eve
Mar 11th, 2008, 08:17 AM
In the current AAHR newsletter, there's an article about pregnant ewes in alcohol experiments at the Uni of Adelaide Centre for Reproductive Health. We all know, surely, that consuming alcohol in large amounts during pregnancy affects the offspring. Seems these clever scientists didn't know.

These ghastly 'scientists' inserted catheters into arteries and the amniotic sac of twelve twin-bearing ewes. They were infused with 40 percent alcohol for 3 consecutive days, to simulate binge drinking, then on the 4th day the ewes and fetuses were killed.

This experiment was funded by the NHMRC and the Pratt Foundation. To voice yourr concern, email Prof Anderson: ahec.nhmrc@nhmrc.gov.au
and/or Sam Lipski: pratt.foundation@visy.com.au

XxsarahxX
Mar 25th, 2008, 02:01 AM
Seems alot of test are a waste of everyones time and to put the ewes threw that is un called for.
im not a drinker because of the obvious affects it has on people and everything else.
to no that drinking is bad when your pregnant is a no brainer and if you dont no well you have problems.

Huddy
Mar 26th, 2008, 07:46 AM
And these are supposed to be EDUCATED people? What is our country coming to?! :mad: (shakes head)

eve
Mar 29th, 2008, 05:24 AM
You're right Huddy (BTW I love your avatar!)

treehugga
Mar 29th, 2008, 12:43 PM
I'm sending off my disapproval today!!!:(