PDA

View Full Version : need help with cravings

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

cobweb
Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:56 PM
well done!

sponge
Apr 3rd, 2008, 11:09 PM
Good job, yum. Glad to know you are hanging in there.

bryzee86
Apr 4th, 2008, 09:37 PM
good job yum.

bring us much vegan yummyness at the meet.

yum
Apr 4th, 2008, 10:48 PM
I'd just like to say thank you for everyone's support and advice as it helped. As suggested i watched appaling footage of abbatoirs and i balled my eyes out. I watch it by accident as it was in a smiths music video but all the same i have been traumatised for life!

friend
Apr 7th, 2008, 05:26 PM
morrisons sell a sweet n dairy free chocolate with rice bits in it, go check this vegan thing out, no?tastes lovely

RedWellies
Apr 7th, 2008, 05:35 PM
i thought i'd just let you guys know that i am feeling much better after the other week. I didn't relapse and am continuing my vegan journey...choo choo!
That's great, Yum!

sandra
Apr 7th, 2008, 06:45 PM
That's good news Yum................talking about chocolate..........have you tried Thorntons dark chocolate bar. It really isn't bitter like other dark chocolate and is vegan. It does say the usual 'may contain milk traces' but that's just them covering themselves. I've been in contact with them and they said the chocolate is vegan but they have to state that as there is milk in their other products.
I love it and make chocolate cornflake buns etc with it.............give it a go..........I hope you'll like it too! :)

friend
Apr 16th, 2008, 06:32 PM
thanks..i often wondered if Thorntons sell vegan sweet stuff..thanks

yum
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Hi all,

I just need to get something off my chest and am looking for some suppport as i am so upset with myself i keep getting emotional....
I've not been well the last three weeks with stomach acid problems. My stomach churns alot and i constantly feel sick. So i haven't been eating much but plain toast and pasta and have lost a few pounds. I feel very tired and really hungry but when i eat i feel like i'm going to be sick. The smell of foods with flavour in them like pasta sauce makes me want to yack too.

I don't have time to be ill as i have my dissertation to hand in next week. I'm desperate to get better and have not been. I've been craving tuna, cheese on toast and then last night i felt very sick as i was doing my dissertation and then started craving pizza. I supose it was an act of desperation and i bought one and ate two slices.

It was absolutly disgusting. I couldn't wash it down quick enough and run to eat some strawberries quick enough!!

I'm so upset with myself. My house'mates' bought me milk choclate but i refused. It was disgusting and i feel disgusting this morning and upset that i atethat shit. I feel abit lost now

aubergine
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:49 AM
Sometimes we have moments of weakness. It's only human nature. By the sounds of it your heart is in the right place and often these things reinforce our decision to be Vegan in the first place.

It's not like you ate the pizza and refuse to give up something you love, while still calling yourself Vegan.

It sounds to me that spending time chatting to fellow Vegans would help you to see that being a Vegan isn't the isloated experience it can sometimes feel like being.

harpy
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
No point in feeling upset, yum - we all do strange things when we're feeling ill.

I wonder what vegan foods would be palatable for you - something non-acid, presumably. Have you tried porridge? That can be quite calming to the inside. So can rice.

You could make yourself some vegan pizza with Cheezly, but perhaps lay off the tomatoes as they're rather acid?

Hope you feel better soon.

bryzee86
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Yum, admitting to yourself that what you did doesn't sit right, and isn't the choice you want to make is the important. Lie Aubergine said, at least you're not lying to yourself. You know what choice you want to be making, and this affirms it.

Stu
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:19 PM
I'm so upset with myself.

This proves that you're still a vegan, Yum. If you said, "Yes, I ate a bit of pizza and I loved it and everything's great and I'm going to eat more!" then OK... But you didn't, thus demonstrating that you have a very strong vegan ethic. You are most definitely still a vegan. Don't worry if you don't want to come tomorrow, but we would all like to meet you (even if it's fairly brief), and you'd probably later wish that you had gone, if you don't.

sandra
Apr 18th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Hi Yum, you sound as if you are under a lot of stress at the moment, so that might be causing your stomach problems. Do you think maybe you should see your doctor about your stomach? He could give you something to help settle it and you might feel more like eating.
I know what it's like to have stomach problems, I was once feeling constantly nauseated for 6 months, it's a nightmare!
I found eating little amounts worked best, and soup seemed easiest with maybe some crusty bread. At least it's a start, until you feel better.
I hope you start to improve soon and maybe once you get off from university for the summer you will be back to normal again. :)

yum
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I wonder what vegan foods would be palatable for you - something non-acid, presumably. Have you tried porridge? That can be quite calming to the inside. So can rice.

You could make yourself some vegan pizza with Cheezly, but perhaps lay off the tomatoes as they're rather acid?

Hope you feel better soon.

Hi Harpy,
i've stopped eating porridge as it makes me feel sick. I think it's coz of the (soya!) milk is creamy, toast is fine though! I'm about to go to my local health food shop and see if i can find something yummy, vegan and that will help me have more energy.

Yum, admitting to yourself that what you did doesn't sit right, and isn't the choice you want to make is the important. Lie Aubergine said, at least you're not lying to yourself. You know what choice you want to be making, and this affirms it.

Thanks Bryzee,
when i was eating it i know it wasn't right and stopped. I didn't realise also how much i eat vegan for health as well as animals. I kept thinking about that shit that i put in my body and that i don't want to do this to myself. Of course, i have felt guilty about the poor cow that was abused for that pizza and keep having these images from the footage i have seen which is making me feel worse!

This proves that you're still a vegan, Yum. If you said, "Yes, I ate a bit of pizza and I loved it and everything's great and I'm going to eat more!" then OK... But you didn't, thus demonstrating that you have a very strong vegan ethic. You are most definitely still a vegan. Don't worry if you don't want to come tomorrow, but we would all like to meet you (even if it's fairly brief), and you'd probably later wish that you had gone, if you don't.

Thanks Stu. I definantly didn't want to eat any more pizza or any dairy at all. I was thinking at the time ...i can't believe people eat this crap and enjoy it. It was horrible. Which is strange because before i was vegan i used to love pizza. I would like to come and think i may. Must do some work first though.

Hi Yum, you sound as if you are under a lot of stress at the moment, so that might be causing your stomach problems. Do you think maybe you should see your doctor about your stomach? He could give you something to help settle it and you might feel more like eating.
I know what it's like to have stomach problems, I was once feeling constantly nauseated for 6 months, it's a nightmare!
I found eating little amounts worked best, and soup seemed easiest with maybe some crusty bread. At least it's a start, until you feel better.
I hope you start to improve soon and maybe once you get off from university for the summer you will be back to normal again. :)

Sorry to hear of your stomach problems. Yes i find eating little and often helps because if i don't eat for more than 3 hours i start gagging. Mmmmmmmmm soup and crusty bread ...yum:bigsmile:

harpy
Apr 18th, 2008, 02:57 PM
If you fancy soup, maybe get some miso soup sachets when you're at the shop as they can be made up with minimal effort? Take care.

aubergine
Apr 18th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Which is strange because before i was vegan i used to love pizza.

Is there a Pizza Express near you? They will do a pizza for you without cheese and then you can choose whatever veggies you want on it.

emmapresley
Apr 18th, 2008, 04:01 PM
hugs for yum :)

yum
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Cheers Aubergine. Too be honest i don't want to see another pizza again. Slightly dramatic as it does sound but i have to say the whole thing has been quite a disgusting experience :(

Thanks for the hug Emma- you can never have enough hugs

*hugs* for everyone

x

Nyphur
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:12 PM
I heard there were hugs going on
:heart:

emmapresley
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:20 PM
i thought when i saw your name in there nypher that you'd snuck in for some hugging action :p

Nyphur
Apr 18th, 2008, 07:39 PM
i thought when i saw your name in there nypher that you'd snuck in for some hugging action :p
*cuddle* :o

cobweb
Apr 18th, 2008, 08:48 PM
yum, don't be so harsh on yourself, we've all messed up at some point, or maybe when we've been ill wondered 'is it what i'm eating' because there's so much bullshit around about veganism it can twist your head when you're feeling low.

Big deal - you tried to eat something you used to enjoy and you hated it, you feel bad so you know it's not something you want to repeat. You're a vegan, a nice vegan with a good conscience, and you're also a human. Humans make mistakes. Clever humans always learn from their mistakes.

I really hope you feel better soon.x

sandra
Apr 18th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Exactly!
I think we all need more cuddles and hugs on the forum too! :)

So, heres some from me...........hugs,cuddles,hugs,cuddles,hugs,cuddle s,hugs,cuddles,hugs,cuddles.

Nyphur
Apr 18th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I am convinced that I'm contagious. I swear, this happens everywhere I go to loads of people I start talking to. One day they're perfectly sensible people and the next day they're all walking around talking about hugs and cuddles and shouting "yey!" :p.

I suppose there are worse things to pass on to people than hug-disease :D.