PDA

View Full Version : Green Lawn Care/Gardening

snivelingchild
Mar 27th, 2008, 10:55 PM
We've committed ourselves to avoid using powered machines for our yard, so I thought we could all share how we take care of our land.

We use a Sunlawn reel mower, which works wonders. It's very quick and effortless, and so quiet. It can even work on tall weeds with a few passes. However, there's a sectioned off part of our yard that gets overgrown with weeds and vines until you can't walk through it. It's usually not too bad to chop down by hand, but I'm about to buy some new grass shears.

I'm also starting to look for a scythe. I've read a lot online about how they can be really easy and quick to use, so I thought it would be good for chopping down large areas. Has anyone else used a scythe on their yard?

gogs67
May 9th, 2008, 08:21 PM
We've committed ourselves to avoid using powered machines for our yard, so I thought we could all share how we take care of our land.

We use a Sunlawn reel mower, which works wonders. It's very quick and effortless, and so quiet. It can even work on tall weeds with a few passes. However, there's a sectioned off part of our yard that gets overgrown with weeds and vines until you can't walk through it. It's usually not too bad to chop down by hand, but I'm about to buy some new grass shears.

I'm also starting to look for a scythe. I've read a lot online about how they can be really easy and quick to use, so I thought it would be good for chopping down large areas. Has anyone else used a scythe on their yard?

Just noticed this thread! You started mowing yet??
Anyone can use a scythe but it is pretty difficult to use well!;) A lot of effort will be wasted by you till it's mastered, lol!!! And cut first thing in the morning as well, damp grass is easier to mow. And, most importantly, SHARPEN the thing frequently,lol!!!
Enjoy!!!

I'll stick with my lawn mower sadly!:D