PDA

View Full Version : Help Deciding Where to Move

Christoph83
Mar 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Okay, so I'm looking to move to another state. I've never liked the state I'm presently in.

Somewhere with seasons preferably, and veg* friendly. Oh, and MUST have forests. I also don't like places that are hot.

At the moment I'm playing with the ideas of Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, Oregon, and Washington. But, I also don't want to live somewhere with a really high cost of living. I want somewhere safe, with relatively low crime, and lots of nature.

Recomendations on states, cities, and towns are all welcome.

Christoph83
Apr 16th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I've decided to move back to Michigan. Either Grand Rapids or Traverse City. I'm not sure which.

Christoph83
May 1st, 2008, 06:23 PM
I'll be moving back to Michigan in Nov. I used to live in Utica when I was a kid, and moved away with my family in 1990. I've missed the Michigan ever since. Pretty much my whole family has been born in Michigan since the 1920s, which is when my family came over from Germany and Poland.

I'm looking into Grand Rapids and Traverse City. It's a tough choice. They both seem really nice.

I'm 25, not married, no kids. I have an Associate degree (so far). It's nothing special, just Liberal Arts. I have maintanence/facilities, laboratory, shipping/receiving, and customer service experience. I will not have a job upon arrival. I will be looking to rent a room or apartment. I currently live in a master planned community in Texas, called The Woodlands, which is just north of Houston. I really like The Woodlands, I just don't like being in the South with all this heat and humidity for 3/4 of the year. The Woodlands is surrounded by trees, it has a lot of nice shopping and dining, has bike/hike trails, ponds, lakes, it's family friendly and has a relaxed atmosphere, etc. It would be nice to find something similar.

Wherever I move I'll need to be able to live and survive comfortably as a vegan.

So, what does everyone think?

ellaminnowpea
May 1st, 2008, 08:00 PM
Sorry, I know nothing about Michigan. One of the few states I *haven't* been too. Hope you enjoy the new place and find a good community there!

Christoph83
May 2nd, 2008, 03:46 PM
I decided on Grand Rapids. :D