PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas for soft foods after tooth extraction

zeakez
Apr 2nd, 2008, 02:52 AM
I am having an impacted wisdom tooth removed next week, and I need some ideas of soft foods that I can eat for a few days. The only thing I can really think of is soy yogurt, and I'm sure I'll get tired of that after a day.

Thanks for the help.

ellaminnowpea
Apr 2nd, 2008, 03:18 AM
Unfortunately, I had four teeth out a few months ago and felt so sick I couldn't eat for a good four/five days. When I started eating, I starting puking everything up... It was terrible. Once I started eating again, I had soy smoothies w/ blackberries, raspberries, soy milk, and bananas. I also did lots of bean and pea soups pureed to liquid and drank them. Good luck!

zeakez
Apr 2nd, 2008, 03:26 AM
Mmm, pea soup and smoothies! Thanks a bunch.

I am dreading this (tooth out)..... :(

Enchantress
Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:02 AM
Mashed potato, guacamole, hummus, soup, soya/rice/nut milks, milkshakes, smoothies, porridge/oatmeal, rice pudding etc.

XxsarahxX
Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:46 AM
Pumpkin soup is always good even when you dont have sore teeth
i make it with lentils, pumpkin of course,carrot and onion,soy sauce,salt and pepper to taste. (sometimes even the silken tofu) cook it all up then blend it up and eat.

Enchantress
Apr 2nd, 2008, 04:52 AM
Mashed banana would be good too.

Roxy
Apr 2nd, 2008, 05:24 AM
Stewed apples are really nice and soft too and make a nice accompaniment to soy yoghurt. :)

zeakez
Apr 2nd, 2008, 06:11 AM
Thank you all very much! I appreciate it a lot. Very simple things that couldn't think of due to a massive brain fart! :cool:

cedarblue
Apr 2nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
how bout some soft homemade polenta with cheeze melted in? or tzaziki dip, grapes, fruit/green smoothies, wilted spinach, soft red lentil dhal, vegan ice cream, blended soups, scrambled tofu, choc mousse, roasted squash cooks nice and soft if you cover it, drizzled with cumin and maple syrup, carrots & swede mashed together, pancakes/crepes ....not altogether of course....or maybe....?? :D

cobweb
Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:03 AM
ooh i do sympathise - i had my impacted wisdom teeth out several years ago and actually they were fine, no problems atall, just youghurts for a couple of days (i had them out under a general anasthetic in a hospital, much the easiest way imo) - hope your experience is similar.

i recently had to have a back tooth cut out of the gum and then have the gum stitched up after the dentist almost broke my jaw trying to wrench it out - that hurt. In fact it's still healing, 2 months later. I can't add much to the above suggestions which are all brilliant - i ate tons of yoghurts, mashed potato, and mashed up tofu, also stewed fruit.

good luck!.

Tangerine Dream
Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Ouch! Wisdom teeth are annoying little buggers, that's for sure!

When I had mine out last year, I lived on soygurt, which is fine because I love the stuff!

But I also had creamy mashed potatoes - don't eat too many if they put you on antibiotics though, or you won't poo for a week! Sorry if TMI :P

Also lentil soup: Blend up some cooked brown lentils with liquid vegie stock and spices. Can also eat it cold if hot foods are too painful.

And make some chocolate mousse by processing silken tofu with a vegan chocolate-spread. You really need to process it good to get it all mixed properly.

Good luck with the operation! If you are having a local anaesthetic, it might help to have someone in the room holding your hand while it's happening :)

Aradia
Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:15 PM
hehehe brain fart.

how about cous cous .. put loads of tasty flavourings in, and little bits of soft cooked veggies ... you won't need to chew it too much.

Sluggie
Apr 2nd, 2008, 01:24 PM
I hope it's not too painful. :(

You may not feel up to cooking much afterwards, so if you have a freezer, you should prepare some soups and soft stews beforehand so you can just reheat them.

jamboxrock
Apr 2nd, 2008, 10:31 PM
what comes to my mind is applesauce, mashed banana, hummus, guac, and ice cream.