PDA

View Full Version : The first pie I ever made. Ever.

buttons
Apr 3rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
I got this from the PETA cooking webite. It went down really well. I made the pie shell from scratch, but only 'cause there were no vegan ones around!

Peanut Butter Pie

16 oz. soft tofu
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. soy milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
1 unbleached, 9-inch chocolate crust, chilled

• Combine all the filling ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon into the pie shell.
• Refrigerate at least 2 hours and serve with vegan whipped cream and non-dairy ice cream.

Preparation time: 20 minutes Chilling time: 2 hours

Makes 6 to 8 servings

yum
Apr 3rd, 2008, 01:17 PM
Excellent! If you make it again you should take a pic and put it on the thread 'pictures of good vegan food'. Personally i don't like peanut butter but i imagine making a pie is quuite fun and satisfying :)

peanutbutternutter
May 2nd, 2008, 05:18 PM
i absolutely LovE peanut butter and will be making this pie tomorrow!
thanks for the recipe.

cedarblue
May 2nd, 2008, 05:51 PM
i absolutely LovE peanut butter

no kidding! :D

yes, buttons, we need photo's!! :(:

buttons
May 6th, 2008, 02:49 AM
Actually, the 1 time I made it, I gave it to some mates of mine who didn't eat it - reportedly 'cause it didn't look like the ones you get from cake shops:eek:! My bloke and I ate it, but. Was good.

My sister (coincidentally, one of my mates' girlfriends) actually made fun of me for that fact! And she wasn't even in the country at the time! Pah!:p Chain-smoking, binge-drinking omnivores! Whaay I-I-I oughtta:p:mad::p!

Sarah_
Apr 20th, 2009, 06:47 AM
This recipe is fantastic. I had someone make it for me once and I ate the whole pie. I was really embarrassed and karma got me back with a wicked stomachache afterwards but hell was it worth it.