PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks' vegan list

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14

CuddlyChicken
Nov 15th, 2011, 06:50 PM

Firestorm
Nov 15th, 2011, 06:54 PM
^^ I noticed that. I will be complaining as well.

VeganAthlete
Nov 16th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Some of those foods never made it to the southern regions of the United States. We have too many panini options & coffee cakes but that's about it. And of course the essentials (oatmeal, cookies & bagels).

Blue moon
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Starbucks apparently don't like vegans anymore. Really nothing but the crappy salad on their "spring 2012" list.

Glory
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Link?

Blue moon
Mar 29th, 2012, 10:36 AM
http://globalassets.starbucks.com/assets/food-nutritional-information-spring-140312.pdf

or if that doesn't work, click on "food nutrition" on this page, http://starbucks.co.uk/menu/nutrition

Glory
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Ugh... so the US doesn't even have a vegan menu! I just sent in a comment to them that it would be lovely if they could do the same for us as they do for the UK.

vorpal
May 15th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Beware-Starbucks soy strawberries & creme frap not vegan (http://www.thisdishisvegetarian.com/2012/03/beware-starbucks-soy-strawberries-creme.html)

Although it seems that after a brief public outcry they will be changing it back.

Blueberries
May 16th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Starbucks appear to have removed their vegan sandwich, the falafel pannini?.... I'm so disappointed as it was so lovely to be able to easily get a vegan sandwich in a high street coffee chain.

I used to always get the falafel wrap, then it became the falafel pitta with much less falafel in it and then it became... nothing! I miss the convenience of it :(

Also there's a Starbucks on my college campus. I read here that the Starbucks soya mocha should be vegan and I got it a few times, then I started noticing a container of Galaxy hot chocolate powder behind the counter which probably has milk powder in it, I'm not sure if they use it in their mochas or not but it seemed weird for a Starbucks. Do they normally have a Starbucks brand cocoa powder or is it like the soya milk, they just get whatever brand they can get locally?

Firestorm
May 16th, 2012, 08:17 PM
They don't use cocoa powder, they use a chocolate syrup for the classic hot chocolate/mocha which is vegan and a something with cows milk for the signature hot chocolate. Why the have Galaxy back there is a mystery :undecided:

Blueberries
May 17th, 2012, 12:52 AM
They don't use cocoa powder, they use a chocolate syrup for the classic hot chocolate/mocha which is vegan and a something with cows milk for the signature hot chocolate. Why the have Galaxy back there is a mystery :undecided:

Thanks for replying FS. If they have a standard product that just makes it stranger! Luckily I'm finishing up my college exams next week and if I pass I won't have to deal with the mysterious Galaxy cocoa again!

ShadowTears
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I wish there was a vegan list for the U.S...

I've been wanting to give Starbucks a try for quite some time. Any suggestions for a first timer?

deniselynn
Jul 10th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Soy mocha!

RubyDuby
Jul 11th, 2012, 04:27 PM
triple venti vanilla soy latte is my go to drink. I also order the green tea soy latte from time to time, but if you don't like overly sweet be sure to ask for it to be unsweetened. The strawberries and creme and vanilla bean frappuccios are also yummy (cold, so better for this hot summer!) and vegan when prepared with soy milk.

ShadowTears
Jul 13th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, sounds yummy. :)

Greetings Tiffany!

While we understand that some customers may have a need to know specific ingredient information prior to consuming a product, unfortunately we are unable to provide more in-depth information than what is currently available in the ingredient statement. If there are concerns about this product possibly containing an ingredient derived from a source that you do not wish to consume, we would recommend that product not be consumed.

Sincerely,

Elizabeth R
customer service

That is the second time I've tried to get anything out of them. How do you guys know what is vegan?

RubyDuby
Jul 14th, 2012, 01:26 AM
They will read you the ingredients on anything if you ask. I know most of the syrups are and the chocolate syrup is for mochas and hot chocolate (if made with soy milk of course).

ShadowTears
Jul 14th, 2012, 02:46 AM
What about the ingredients that are questionable?

RubyDuby
Jul 14th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Like what? I don't micromanage my diet. Worrying about being 100% pure just becomes frustrating and is counterproductive, imo.

ShadowTears
Jul 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
There are always natural and artificial flavorings and other little weird ingredients in things that can come from animals, so I don't consume those if I don't know where they came from. Maybe Starbucks isn't that bad? I haven't seen the ingredients, I'm terribly shy so I like to know beforehand.

RubyDuby
Jul 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
You can find the ingredients lists for syrups here (http://www.starbucksstore.com/gifts-extras/syrups-and-sauces,default,sc.html), which they use in flavored lattes and the syrup for mochas. I misstyped earlier when I said classic cocoa powder. sorry!

ShadowTears
Jul 14th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks! That helps. :)
I'm seeing natural and artificial flavors, which worry me since they can come from animal sources. I see lots of people and lists saying this and that is vegan, I wonder how you find out for sure? I don't know why they have an ingredients option in the email section if they can't answer anything. :/

RubyDuby
Jul 14th, 2012, 07:07 PM
I don't know if there is a way to know for sure in this case. I guess I just assume that with something like syrup, if there is no egg or dairy allergy warning, what else could be in the flavor? I realize there is a chance it isn't 100% pure vegan, but natural/artificial ingredients comprise such a small part of the drink (one pump of syrup in the whole drink, the natural/artificial flavor is a tiny part of the syrup after water and sweetener), I'm willing to take the "risk" and do consider it vegan for all practical purposes. I realize not everyone will interpret veganism the same way I do. Unfortunately, this world is far from vegan friendly. No sense in making ourselves crazy.

ShadowTears
Jul 14th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Well, thanks for the responses. I don't want to consume anything that has intentionally had animal ingredients added to it, I understand your view as well but like you said not everyone interprets veganism like that. Maybe someone else has any more information? If not then I will just pass on Starbucks, maybe I'll make my own coffee drinks someday.

RubyDuby
Jul 15th, 2012, 01:17 AM
I don't want to consume anything that has intentionally had animal ingredients added to it. Neither do I. I'm just assuming they're safe based on an educated guess. Of course, there's the option to skip it.

You should definitely get your own espresso/latte maker if you can! We have one, but the steamer broke. :(

ShadowTears
Jul 17th, 2012, 11:18 PM
I don't know anything about coffee, I'm just starting but it sounds fun! Sucks about your steamer, aww. :(

Oh my god! Look what I got!

Hi Tiffany,

My name is Odeki and I'm from Starbucks Customer Service.

Thank you for inquiring about our flavorings. Our flavorings, either natural or artificial, are not from an animal source.
Thanks again for writing us. If you ever have any questions or concerns in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Sincerely,

Odeki K
customer service

Thank you Odeki!!! Thought I would pass this along!