PDA

View Full Version : Let's get fit and healthy together

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

horselesspaul
May 21st, 2008, 02:21 PM
Mate of mine tore his calf muscle when we were playing last week. There was a horrible 'pop' that everyone heard as it came off the bone and i think he was the only one that didn't realise what had happened for a few seconds, he thought someone had just kicked him on the back of the leg and was a tad confused that there was no one within 10 feet of him!:eek:
Mine was more of a "ping" but still audible. No one within 10 metres of me.
Didn't warm up again after half time. Eeejit.

RubyDuby
May 21st, 2008, 08:09 PM
Has anyone got any motivation? For me, I want to look nice in stylish clothing! Not very many styles are flattering on bigger bodies, especially the styles I like. I'm going on a shopping spree once I reach the 25lbs weight loss mark! Yay!
i cannot make myself exercise... but i have a very active job and refuse to be lazy there. other people with the same job as me choose to be a spectator there instead of an active participant if you know what i mean... do u have a job yet? maybe u could make it a priority to take a job with a higher activity level.

or join an activity that interests you to force yourself into exercise and have fun... like a pilates class or nature hike group if there are any in your area. I would but am too shy. :rolleyes:

Haniska
May 22nd, 2008, 02:48 AM
Another hour + today. I tried some variations on the machines such as Personal Trainer and Fat Burner. Did double reps on all the weight machines except I did 3 reps on the leg push dealie. I was sweating like a bitch.....You are not supposed to wear underwear with workout clothes are you?:o

Tigerlily
May 22nd, 2008, 03:57 AM
i cannot make myself exercise... but i have a very active job and refuse to be lazy there. other people with the same job as me choose to be a spectator there instead of an active participant if you know what i mean... do u have a job yet? maybe u could make it a priority to take a job with a higher activity level.

or join an activity that interests you to force yourself into exercise and have fun... like a pilates class or nature hike group if there are any in your area. I would but am too shy. :rolleyes:

I'm far too shy too. I do want to try pilates or yoga.

sugarmouse
May 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
[QUOTE=Haniska;462045You are not supposed to wear underwear with workout clothes are you?:o[/QUOTE]

ya get thrush if you dont!:p
Well I did a run round park again today and yesdi.Feel good about this new habit.
i scared of missing a day now though!

Haniska
May 23rd, 2008, 06:04 PM
You get thrush if you Don't wear underwear? I was wondering the opposite.
Yesterday did 17+ miles on the bike in 45+ minutes. I'm the shiznit:cool:

Tigerlily
May 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
I don't think underwear matters with thrush? As long as you're not wearing unbreathable polyester spandex panties every day....

horselesspaul
May 23rd, 2008, 11:11 PM
Played another hour with no ill effects.
Scored a goal. Unfortunately, it was at the wrong end..

Poison Ivy
May 23rd, 2008, 11:32 PM

Oh no's, that's not good.

horselesspaul
May 23rd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Great header, keeper no chance. Doh.

Poison Ivy
May 24th, 2008, 09:17 AM
well at least the execution was good by the sounds of it!

puffin
May 24th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Played another hour with no ill effects.

Sounded like a good shot though. Blame it on the keeper.

horselesspaul
May 24th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Sounded like a good shot though. Blame it on the keeper.
Good tactic. I'll try that next time.
Going cycling to Lewes today. Looks like it's going to rain.

brighteyed
May 25th, 2008, 09:32 PM
You jumped rope/skipped for 20 mins????
Wow, that's pretty good. :thumbsup: When i used to do a lot of training at boxing i found 4 mins of that was quite enough!:dizzy:

I am terribly ashamed of my running skills (I resemble a duck) so I try to get in my cardio with jumping rope...I usually do 2-3 sets of 10 minutes (total 20-30 min). It's actually quite fun as I do it along with some music and it gets in my workout quickly.

Past 2 days has been about 10-20 min jumping rope, + jumping jacks or kick boxing. Today I shopped for hours and I plan to rest :rolleyes:

sugarmouse
May 26th, 2008, 01:16 PM
I don't think underwear matters with thrush? As long as you're not wearing unbreathable polyester spandex panties every day....

Ah shucks!I always run in my spandex panties..
Lol no seriously, if I run when I am not wearing proper, large ,cotten,unsexy knickers I get thrush. It sucks.
Specially in this weather I find.

Tigerlily
May 26th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Spandex panties are the best thing ever, don't you agree? :D

sugarmouse
May 27th, 2008, 12:42 AM
:DHm yes..aliken them to frying your muff over a hot stove and then subjecting it to a brillo pad!:D

2 fifteen min runs today:) feel quite good:)

Tigerlily
May 27th, 2008, 12:48 AM
Yay, sugarmouse.

I walked for 25 minutes today. It was nice. I was sweating!

Haniska
May 28th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Felt kinda tired or something today at the gym. Maybe because I didn't warm up. I did 20 mins of "cardio" on the treadmill. 5 mins on the eliptical and 25 minutes on the bike. My butt cheeks were wet. What can I do to prevent that?

brighteyed
May 28th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Today was kind of a lazy day...i did about 30 minutes of misc. exercises, about half being cardio. Tomorrow I'll have to make up for that!

horselesspaul
May 28th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Played an hour and a half of park football. Scored a good goal, at the right end this time.
My calf is still grumbling but it's getting better each time.

I don't know how you gym types can do it, personally. Resspekk!

Hemlock
May 28th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Me and Corum are going back to kick boxing to get fit - I did it when I was younger but sadly moved out of the area just before I got my black belt. I want to go back and get my black belt this time:)

Tigerlily
May 28th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Felt kinda tired or something today at the gym. Maybe because I didn't warm up. I did 20 mins of "cardio" on the treadmill. 5 mins on the eliptical and 25 minutes on the bike. My butt cheeks were wet. What can I do to prevent that?

Maxi pads on each butt cheek perhaps? :tongue_ani::smoochie:

Haniska
May 28th, 2008, 05:50 PM
are dress shields adhesive? HAHA

Tigerlily
May 28th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Hehehe. :)

Today I walked for 50 minutes! :) Yay!