PDA

View Full Version : I just ate the most delicious...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

pavotrouge
May 10th, 2009, 12:47 PM
hhhm brownies!

I'm having super fatty soy nut butter and eggplant soup!

bradders
May 12th, 2009, 10:35 AM
had some really good chips this weekend from the chipy called Finnegans in the minehead butlins. Good flavour and cooked separately from everything else.

pavotrouge
May 12th, 2009, 06:43 PM
ah I've been craving proper British chips all week! maybe a weekend trip to Belgium could help out...

JC
May 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM
OMG ... sheer chocolatey bliss in the shape of Mulu Silk Chocolate (http://www.muluchocolate.co.uk/mulu/store/silk-bar.html) It's raw, sugar free, and incredibly omnomnom-ish.

I had this the other day. I have to say, it wasn't as nice as i thought it was going to be. Have you tried conscious chocolate, or ombar? Much nicer in my opinion.

BlackCats
May 16th, 2009, 03:48 PM
ah I've been craving proper British chips all week! maybe a weekend trip to Belgium could help out...

I used to love those fries in the paper cones you could get in Belgium.

I just had homemade chilli and potato wedges and it was lovely.:)

Tigress
May 16th, 2009, 08:32 PM
I had a yummy veg curry made by my lovely Mum earlier and it was mmmmmmmmm

bradders
May 16th, 2009, 10:40 PM
three baked spuds, broccoli, peas, carrots, corn, tesco fillet and gravy

so yummy

Windfall
May 17th, 2009, 12:12 AM
DRANK the most delicious kopparberg pear cider...delish..all five cans heh

puca
May 17th, 2009, 01:02 AM
vegan chocolate brownie i made from skinny bitch in the kitch yummmmmm
Your avatar is so cute!

Little foot... awww

everdream
May 18th, 2009, 06:44 PM
vegan Lasagne. Lasagne always used to be my favourite meal, it was the white sauce that did it for me!

I made a vegan one and I think it tastes really similar to the onces I was eating as an omnivore (and even a vegetarian).

yum
May 19th, 2009, 12:13 PM
vegan Lasagne. Lasagne always used to be my favourite meal, it was the white sauce that did it for me!

I made a vegan one and I think it tastes really similar to the onces I was eating as an omnivore (and even a vegetarian).

Don't suppose you have a recipe everdream please? My boyfriends a new vegan and he use to love lasagne it was his fav meal. :thumbsup:

yum

yum
May 19th, 2009, 12:14 PM
I used to love those fries in the paper cones you could get in Belgium.

I just had homemade chilli and potato wedges and it was lovely.:)

homemade chilli? Sounds lush :p

everdream
May 19th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Don't suppose you have a recipe everdream please? My boyfriends a new vegan and he use to love lasagne it was his fav meal. :thumbsup:

yum
It was pretty made up, but I'll give you what I can remember of it! It's a pastaless one though. I replaced the pasta with aubergine, works well but if you like it authentic just switch back.

Ingredients (Serves 4):
1 aubergine (egg plant)
1 courgette (zuchinni)
5 button mushrooms
tin of chopped tomatoes
2tbsp tomato puree
1 and a half onions (the half is for the whote sauce)
125g dried lentils (I can't remember the sort I used, they were black ones though...)
2-3 cloves of garlic
2.5 cups warmed soymilk (Sweetened or unsweetened, I used sweetened)
2 tbsp corn flour
yeast flakes (Or if you have it, grated vegan cheese)

Dice the onion and garlic and add to a saucepan, fry untill done and add the tinned tomatoes and tomato puree. Add the lentils and bring to the boil, then let simmer. Chop the courgette and mushroom and add to the sauce. If the sauce is too thick, add a little water. Add any spices you like. I added Paprika.

Meanwhile, slice the aubergine (So you have circle slices) and add 1 layer to the bottom of a dish.

To make the white sauce, chop the half onion and fry in a saucepan. Add the cornflour and let the flour cook. Slowly add the warmed soymilk, stirring constantly. Cook untill the sauce thickens, if it's too thick simply add some more milk (You only want it semi-thick), and more flour if too thick. Once cooked, take of the heat, stir in a pinch of nutmeg and 1/4-1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes.

Add a layer of half the tomato sauce over the aubergine, add a layer of half the white sauce, then make another layer of aubergine, add the rest of the tomato sauce, and the rest of the white sauce.

Cook for about 30 minutes, covered with foil, then for 5-10 minutes minus the foil.

Cut and serve, sprinkling on yeast flakes for added flavour.

yum
May 20th, 2009, 11:12 AM
Cheers Everdream :)

beanstew
May 20th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I made a vegetable lasagna last night. Like everdream's it was a bit made up but here is an approximate recipe:

Vegetable layer:

chopped tomatoes
courgette (zucchini)
carrots
broccoli
tomato puree
sunflower oil

White sauce layer:

mushrooms
plain white flour
oatmilk
onion
mustard powder
chili powder
pure spread

For the white layer:

Fry finely chopped onion in pure spread
Add finely chopped mushrooms
Stir in flour
Slowly add oat milk, stirring continuously
Add a teaspoon of mustard powder
Add a teaspoon of chili powder
Add more chopped mushrooms
Add more milk if necessary

For the vegetable layer

Heat oil in large pan
Add thinly sliced courgette
Add chopped tomatoes
Add finely chopped broccoli
Add some tomato puree
Add sliced carrots

Put it all together in a large baking dish

Spoon a layer of the vegetable mix on the bottom of the dish
Add a layer of pasta
Spoon some of the white sauce on top
Add another layer of vegetables
Add another layer of pasta
Pour over remaining white sauce
Sprinkle some vegan Parmesan over the top
Bake until it looks about right and you can poke a fork right through it

BlackCats
May 20th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Can one/both of you send me a lasagne like that in the post please, great thanks.:)

homemade chilli? Sounds lush :p

It was. I think next time I'm going to add veggie mince too as I usually just have beans.

I have had lots of scrummy food today, olive pizza, mint chocolates, berry smoothie, mmm. I'm about to have some lovely fresh salad too.

everdream
May 20th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Can one/both of you send me a lasagne like that in the post please, great thanks.:)

I think the postman would have eaten it before it got delivered :p

yum
May 20th, 2009, 07:59 PM
That looks lovely cheers Beanstew ...yum! :D

BlackCats
May 23rd, 2009, 08:08 AM
I think the postman would have eaten it before it got delivered :p

Damn postman.:D

I'm about to have granary toast with pure spread and pineapple jam. I have never tasted that jam before but I'm hoping it will be delicious.:)

Troutina
May 23rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
Ginger biscuits from Ikea. Plus they come in an amazing tin. Yum!

beanstew
May 24th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Co-op weetabix (3), Agave necter and Oatly. Yum.

maidenofthewell
May 26th, 2009, 12:14 AM
stir fry thingy but done in water instead of oil, with loads of brocolli and cauliflower, and some carrot and onion, with brown rice and a sauce made with tahini, lemon juice and tamari...it was to a recipe but i messed up the measurements and had to improvise a bit to balance the flavours and it turned out amazing! best meal i've had in ages! (and I was whinging earlier today about how half the time i dont enjoy my food anymore!)

Ms_Derious
May 26th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Pear and Ginger Pie, in a sourdough crust.

Gosh, how I love pie!

pavotrouge
May 27th, 2009, 08:37 PM
oooooooooooh any leftovers?

Ms_Derious
May 27th, 2009, 10:24 PM
oooooooooooh any leftovers?
Not with Mr Derious in the house :D