PDA

View Full Version : I just ate the most delicious...

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

BlackCats
Feb 27th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I :heart: Mexican food!

Me too! :)

I don't think that you can get vegan Mexican food at a restaurant in London?:(

Haniska
Feb 28th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Around here a lot of places are all proud about their "We use 100% vegetable oil." ie no lard.

Gorilla
Mar 3rd, 2009, 03:42 PM
I don't think that you can get vegan Mexican food at a restaurant in London?:(

the only place i've ever had vegan Mexican-style food is at the George in Brighton. it seems to be an untapped market! i Googled it because i wanted to know if there was anywhere, apparently Manna do fajitas but that was all i could find :confused:

speedylemons
Mar 5th, 2009, 03:28 AM
breakfast.

It was AWESOME.

I've never had fresh soy milk before, so being that I am in Japan, the land of the the soy bean [heh], I figured I'd give it a try since it's widely available and very cheap.

I had a bowl of very teeny strawberries & a banana, sliced, with some cashews & almonds, chopped, and about a 1tsp of crushed golden sesame seeds. I poured fresh soy milk on top. It was sooo so so so good. I feel awesome right now. :lol:

BlackCats
Mar 5th, 2009, 04:55 PM
the only place i've ever had vegan Mexican-style food is at the George in Brighton. it seems to be an untapped market! i Googled it because i wanted to know if there was anywhere, apparently Manna do fajitas but that was all i could find :confused:

The Mexican food at The George is very nice. I looked up Manna, thanks. I'm really jealous of Alisont she always seems to go to that nice Mexican restaurant in the North (Chester's?)

I just ate nearly a whole tub of chive creamy sheese with lots of crackers. It was yummy. I thought sheese tasted weird when I first tried it.

Sarabi
Mar 5th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Crispy fried human breast and drumstick.

Just kidding. I had a slice of banana cake and a brownie. Damn dining hall keeps changing the vegan brownies... I liked them before, but now they're overly sweet. Quite good, but too sweet, man! I haven't had anything so sweet since going vegan.

vava
Mar 5th, 2009, 08:17 PM
crispy fried human breast and drumstick.

really bad taste! Inappropriate for a vegan forum.

pavotrouge
Mar 7th, 2009, 07:42 PM
what's so bad about human breast? I prefer it still attached to the human, though :D

vava
Mar 7th, 2009, 07:44 PM
crispy fried?

speedylemons
Mar 8th, 2009, 08:12 AM
I've discovered an amazing combination:

Tahini [roasted I think] - Organic prune - organic banana

I've had it on crackers [spreading the tahini on first, smooshing a prune on next, then topping with slices of banana], as well as on awesome fresh bread [almond roll with walnuts AND a raisin roll with walnuts. Both were amazing]. I also tried the combination in oatmeal! It's incredible!

[of course not all in the same day, just to be clear. ha]

I'm obsessed!!!!! :eek::amazed_ani::dizzy::D

pavotrouge
Mar 11th, 2009, 11:09 PM
...pasta... after a year and a half of Veganomicon, I finally had all the ingredients for Pasta alla California on hand and it was divine (especially the leftovers of the white wine after using 1/2 cup for the sauce)!

Mag
Mar 14th, 2009, 03:14 AM
...sticky rice with mango slices!! It was from a local Thai restaurant and had coconut milk and sesame seeds. Yum!

speedylemons
Mar 14th, 2009, 06:28 AM
...sticky rice with mango slices!! It was from a local Thai restaurant and had coconut milk and sesame seeds. Yum!

Isn't it amazing? :D That's one of my favorite things to make when I'm giving into the high fat content of coconut milk. Soooo yummy.

I've been on a streak of making very non-Japanese foods [I'm in Japan right now on a study abroad thing until August].. maybe it's because I'm missing home so much. Anyway, the other day I discovered plain organic brown rice flakes with nothing added- not even sugar!! I was so excited. You had better believe I made myself a bowl of cereal this morning for breakfast. I've never been so happy to eat cereal. Hah.

My 'cereal', enjoyed for the first time in six months:

~1 cup brown rice flakes
~1 tbsp agave
A generous dash cinnamon
1 md banana, sliced
6 md strawberries, sliced
6 almonds
6 unsalted peanuts
6 walnut quarters
~1/2 tbsp raisins

I am so happy right now. Glutton-attack! hahaa :o

Mag
Mar 14th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Isn't it amazing? :D That's one of my favorite things to make when I'm giving into the high fat content of coconut milk. Soooo yummy.

Yesss. As soon as I got back home I cracked open my laptop and found a recipe...:p

Sarah_
Apr 5th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Lightlife fake bacon. I had to keep checking the package to make sure it really wasn't made of piggies. I ate the last three pieces today, all by themselves with a little syrup on top.
I would feel like a fatty but that's all I had today. Anyway, it was so delicious I chewed all the pieces way more than I had to so I could make the most out of it.

leela
Apr 7th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Vegan fudge from waitrose 'free from' section
Very yummy
The next step is to melt some choc to dip it in......

loveganism
Apr 10th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Vegan trifle (inspired by the vegan trifle at the Brighton vegan fayre)!

Vegan sponge fingers (homemade)
Veggie strawberry jelly crystals
Alpro custard
Soya Too whipped cream

... So good!!!! My vegetarian boyf and my omni dad loved it! (trying to convert them, one dish at a time, mwahahahaha!)

Jiffy
Apr 11th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Lemon Cake from Cherry's wonderful website

http://www.parsleysoup.co.uk/getrecipe.php?section=cakes&recipe=lemon_cake

Why she wasn't mentioned in the New Year's Honour list I'll never know.

I could have done without the Mrs opening the oven just at the collapse inducing phase but it still tastes divine.

cobweb
Apr 11th, 2009, 06:16 PM
^ *tsk* pesky Mrs

i just ate the most delicious roast veggies:
pak choi, courgettes, red peppers, white cabbage, green cabbage
roasted with cubes of tofu in coconut oil and plenty of Bragg's aminos, mmm-mmm!

Jiffy
Apr 12th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Wossa Bragg's Amino then?

cedarblue
Apr 12th, 2009, 03:39 PM
....sausage cobbler

CrunchyMomma
Apr 13th, 2009, 12:03 AM
A really yummy Boom Choco Boom chocolate bar. It was my Easter candy.

Haniska
Apr 14th, 2009, 02:13 PM
cedarblue that sounds very naughty

Buddha Belly
Apr 14th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Wossa Bragg's Amino then?
A very salty version of Marigolds Amino Acids. It's ok but very salty to taste.

Windfall
Apr 14th, 2009, 06:34 PM
wok with noodles and waterchestnuts, beansprouts, chili, pepper and almonds
put some sesame oli, soy sauce, and a tiiiny bit brown sugar with it. Stunning.