PDA

View Full Version : I just ate the most delicious...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Astrid
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Pan fried toast with avocado! Mashed up avocado blended with balsamic vinegar, black pepper, salt, onion and garlic powder. Amazingly good.

mogthecat
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Toast Pizza - grilled toast topped with toffutti cheese spread stuff, tomatoes, yellow pepper, black pepper and mozarella-style fake cheese. Mmmmmmmmm.

fondducoeur
Apr 16th, 2008, 12:58 PM
some japanese tamari rice crackers with raw taco nut meat, red pepper & jalapenos on top with fresh orange juice.

What is raw taco nut meat? Just curious; sounds interesting!
Astrid, I am going to try your toast and avocado creation; I do love avocados!

mogthecat
Apr 22nd, 2008, 10:41 AM
concoction of 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime squeezed into a big mug of Oatly.

Am feeling poorly and don't want to eat anything but need calories so this is an attempt to find something I don't mind eating, and it's surprisingly delicious!

emmapresley
Apr 22nd, 2008, 11:04 AM
aww...poor mogthecat. hope you feel better soon :)

i also had a mushed up avocado on toast for breakfast..a few tiny diced cherry tomatoes and a sprinkle of marigold boullion. was very nice.

vegcurry
Apr 26th, 2008, 11:14 PM
We had veg*n friends round for a meal tonight and so I cooked some stuff from a cookbook for a change to whatever comes into my head :D

main course: Morrocan Tagine with Spring Vegetables and cous cous (recipe from Vegan With A Vengeance). It's bloomin' lovely.

dessert: Pancakes filled with fruit salad, chocolate and soya cream. (pancake recipe also from Vegan With A Vengeance) My verdict ... to die for.

Everybody absolutley loved it, especially the pancakes.

bryzee86
Apr 26th, 2008, 11:18 PM
I am currently eating the most fantastic Linda McCartney pie with jacket potato, red wine gravy and a mountain of mushy peas. It's cheering me right up.

absentmindedfan
Apr 26th, 2008, 11:30 PM
Chocolate chunk and coconut muffin (s)

I've eaten about 8 today :)

bryzee86
Apr 26th, 2008, 11:39 PM
I do that when I make muffins. Or cookies. Or cakes. Or brownies...

You get the picture.

Kitteh
Apr 28th, 2008, 03:27 AM
A home made rice flour raspberry pear muffin, yummmmm

Roxy
Apr 28th, 2008, 04:24 AM
That sounds nice Kitteh! And your muffins sound lovely too AMF.

squigaletta
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:33 PM
The best cake ever ever ever made! 1tsps oil, 2tsps cocoa, 3tsps self raising flour, 4tsps sugar, 6tsps soya milk, all put into a cup and mixed up (add more milk if too dry) to a batter, then sprinkle 2 tsps of sugar over the batter, and 2tbls of water, put in the microwave for 2-3mins on full power and best chocolate cake ever, I want another one now, soooo good with vegan cream or ice cream!

cedarblue
Apr 30th, 2008, 04:37 PM
What is raw taco nut meat?

i posted the recipe in the raw food section fondducoeur :)

Tigerlily
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I just ate the most delicious tabouli salad. Mmmm. No recipe, sorry! My aunt made it! :D

Tigerlily
Apr 30th, 2008, 05:26 PM
The best cake ever ever ever made! 1tsps oil, 2tsps cocoa, 3tsps self raising flour, 4tsps sugar, 6tsps soya milk, all put into a cup and mixed up (add more milk if too dry) to a batter, then sprinkle 2 tsps of sugar over the batter, and 2tbls of water, put in the microwave for 2-3mins on full power and best chocolate cake ever, I want another one now, soooo good with vegan cream or ice cream!

I'm going to try this! :eek: :D:bigsmile:

Marrers
Apr 30th, 2008, 06:09 PM
You cook it in the cup?

fondducoeur
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:06 PM
i posted the recipe in the raw food section fondducoeur :)

Thanks; I'll check it out:)

squigaletta
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Yep just cook it in the cup, batter should come about 1/3 of the way up the cup before cooking, will expand int he microwave.

mariana
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:35 PM
That sounds good and sooo easy! I don't have self-rising flour, though. Is there anything else I can use? I have baking soda and yeast....

emmapresley
Apr 30th, 2008, 07:50 PM
pLain flour + baking powder should make your cake-in-a-cup rise :)

mariana
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:07 PM
thank you emma! i will use that. i can't wait for cake in a cup!! :)

squigaletta
Apr 30th, 2008, 08:14 PM
yeh baking powder should do it. :)

Marrers
May 1st, 2008, 01:05 AM
The other thing that appeals is it is a nice small portion - rather than the temptation of over-indulging with a whole cake or a batch of cupcakes or muffins!

squigaletta
May 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Ha yeh thats true marrers but unfortunately they are so quick and easy to make its really tempting just to stick another one int he microwave! My recently converted boyfriend really can't get enough of them, and when I first introduced him to them he ate about 4 in an evening!

chickpea_chica
May 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
Ha yeh thats true marrers but unfortunately they are so quick and easy to make its really tempting just to stick another one int he microwave! My recently converted boyfriend really can't get enough of them, and when I first introduced him to them he ate about 4 in an evening!

Hehe! I think I might do the same, can't wait to try that.

I just at the most delicious... buckwheat thingy:

buckwheat cooked in vegetable stock
with onion and garlic, leek, mushroom, tinned tomatoes, tiny bit of red chilli, fresh basil, nutritional yeast flakes and courgette.
mixed it all together

With black pepper! MMMMMMmmmmm