PDA

View Full Version : Noodle Soup

cedarblue
Apr 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
this recipe is from the nigella 'express' cookbook.

noodle soup for needy people:
(2)

175g noodles (i used sorba buckwheat ones)
750ml stock
1 tsp soft sugar
1 star anise
1 tsp grated root ginger
30ml soy sauce
beansprouts
greens(pak choi etc, i used spinach)
sugar snap peas or mange tout
mushrooms
fresh coriander
tofu if you like too!

cook noodles according to packet and while they are boiling, in another saucepan put stock, sugar, star anise, crushed ginger, soy sauce, tofu if using & veg. simmer for about 2 mins or till just tender. use the amounts of veg that you like.

put noodles into two bowls and pour broth over, sprinkle with coriander.

you may like to play around with the ingredients amounts for the soup, for instance i added a little rice vinigar , not so much sugar and i sliced the ginger instead of grating it.

Tigerlily
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:28 PM
*bookmarking*

Thanks.

I only have whole grain spaghetti noodles, I hope those are okay!

cedarblue
Apr 24th, 2008, 03:29 PM
i'm sure they will be fine - it's just that noodle texture you need :)

vava
Apr 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
mine - stuff a mug with rice vermicelli - add a teaspoon and a half of marigold vegan bullion cover with hot water and leave for about 4 mins - then slurp with a smile!

Sarah_
Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:10 AM
I love noodle soups. Love love love love love, and I'm trying to find something as perfect as ramen was for me. Maybe these are it.

This one I invented today, and I figure what the hell.

i pckge top ramen noodles
chili powder
lemon pepper
garlic powder
tabasco (you don't have to, but it makes the soup, methinks)
salt
whatever veggies you like. i used bottom of the bag salad leftovers.

So you heat up the noodles and then don't drain the water, obviously, and then you add enough chili powder so that the water is a light reddish brown. Then you add like a tbsp of salt (more or less for your taste or whatever). then you add a few shakes of the lemon pepper and barely sprinkle in the garlic powder, 'cause otherwise it's gonna just overpower everything.

Then you stick your chopped veggies in there. I used carrots, lettuce, that purple lettuce-type stuff, cucumber, and bell bepper.

omnomnom.

BTW, I can't cook so even this small recipe that did work is making me excited.