PDA

View Full Version : Toasted sandwhich fillings

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

RubyDuby
May 6th, 2008, 08:55 PM
u could do a breakfast sandwich with buttered bread, scrambled tofu, veggie bacon and super-melty cheese?

mmm i want one.

vava
May 6th, 2008, 09:36 PM
we need photos!:D

maikeru
May 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
My rule is Cheezly is only good for cooking. I make an exception for toasted sandwiches though - it still tastes like raw Cheezly. Nasty.

But toasted Sheese sandwiches are nice, especially when you add onions. Or you could add fake ham and make a sort of croque monsieur.

Michael.

cobweb
May 6th, 2008, 10:51 PM
i think the melty cheezlys are horrid, especially in a toastie, but the normal cheddar ones are lovely, and do melt much better in a toasted sarnie than the melty ones do!

TheAlterEgo
May 7th, 2008, 12:39 AM
The best toasted sarnies are the ones my mummy makes for meeeee :) Cheezly and redwood pretend ham and tomato are great :) Mmmmmm. *droooooool* Trust me to be thinking about toasted sandwiches at twenty to one in the morning :( Now I'm hungry.

bryzee86
May 7th, 2008, 08:38 AM
I wish I had your mummy :(

TheAlterEgo
May 7th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Aww bryzee! You can borrow her for a while if you like? For the low low price of £50 a day :D She's tiny enough to post I think so that'll save flight costs. I think she'd be up for this exchange ya know! :lol:

bryzee86
May 7th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Well she's already had dreams before that she was my mum, y'know!

BlackCats
May 7th, 2008, 12:33 PM
You people just forced me to go and buy cheezly and fake ham and to go to my husband's work to pick up the toasted sandwich maker.:o:D

TheAlterEgo
May 7th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Haha I don't think she knows how to turn her mummyness off. Even in her dreams she's mothering folk! I might ask her to make me a toasted sandwich :) 'cause I'm all crippled an stuff :D

TheAlterEgo
May 7th, 2008, 12:37 PM
You people just forced me to go and buy cheezly and fake ham and to go to my husband's work to pick up the toasted sandwich maker.:o:D

You know it's the right thing to do Aphrodite :D

BlackCats
May 7th, 2008, 12:38 PM
You know it's the right thing to do Aphrodite :D

I know.:cool: I forgot to buy brown sauce though.:eek:

bryzee86
May 7th, 2008, 12:40 PM
haha I've got brown sauce (literally) right in front of me :p

VeganDaze
May 7th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I haven't got a sandwich maker :( but if you fry them in a pan it's different but GREAT.
We used to have tomato, sweetcorn and pineapple. Weird sounding but delish!

bryzee86
May 7th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Yeah I used to just used a heavy bottomed frying pan. Just brush the outsides of the bread with oil (or spread with marge),and put onto the medium-hot pan. Hold it down with a spatula, and flip and repeat til cooked!

P.S. what is it with you and your pineapple!?

sunrisesunset
May 7th, 2008, 02:29 PM
oooo i love my sandwich maker.
Peanut butter and carob chips is delicious.
I'm also a huge fan of tofurky and sheese

RubyDuby
May 7th, 2008, 03:01 PM
as far as pan frying, you must melt the marg in the pan first, then place bread in pan. top with cheese. cover pan. close sandwich only after properly toasted and 'cheese' melted.

it's amazing the difference it makes. :D

not so sure about this tomato, pineapple, sweetcorn idea though... maybe pineapple, veggie ham and 'cheese'.. w a lil peppercini...

Marrers
May 7th, 2008, 03:03 PM
I used to like mash, sweetcorn and mayo. I haven't had a sandwich toaster for many years now - I couldn't bear cleaning it.

RubyDuby
May 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
ours wipes off easily... it's got that non-stick coating.

vegcurry
May 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
a few suggestions:
- lots of sliced mushrooms and satay sauce
- left over curry
- soysages and tomato

Hemlock
May 7th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I used to like mash, sweetcorn and mayo. I haven't had a sandwich toaster for many years now - I couldn't bear cleaning it.

Then don't clean it - easy:D I find the heat destroys all the bacteria and the crumbs just burn off. Probably the reason why I have a cast iron stomach.

emmapresley
May 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM
i'm with hemlock on this. though i am slovenly..not that i'm suggesting you are hemlock. i've rarely properly cleaned mine, and i'm still alive :D

cobweb
May 7th, 2008, 06:51 PM
ooh, we never clean ours, just wipe grease over the hotplates and the bits come off at the same time :D!

emmapresley
May 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM
the grime adds extra flavour, everyone knows that!!

aubergine
May 7th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I had a lovely sandwich toaster and then my omni family decided to borrow it without asking and left their food residue all over it which subsequently went mouldy.

I'll pass for the time being thanks.