PDA

View Full Version : Toasted sandwhich fillings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

yum
May 5th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Hi all,
i know there is a sandwhich thread on here but i have rediscovered my sandwhich toaster and was hoping we could compile a list of great fillings that shout out...TOAST ME!

1 super melting redwoods cheezly, red onion and brown sauce:D yum yum yum

confusionisben
May 5th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Simple baked beans :D

When i roast Mediterranean vegetables i keep some to the side for a toastie and add hummus. It's delicious.

beanstew
May 5th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Marmalade!

Knottykc
May 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Banana and cinnamon :)

Roxy
May 5th, 2008, 04:03 PM
avocado and tomato with a little salt & pepper.

Tigerlily
May 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I was about the suggest the same as Roxy. :)

sinarei
May 5th, 2008, 04:11 PM
Portabella mushroom cap, tomato, and thyme (optional- Follow your Heart mozzarella) on light rye bread. I love this flavor combination!

Roxy
May 5th, 2008, 04:38 PM
I was about the suggest the same as Roxy. :)

Twins!

RebeccaDye
May 5th, 2008, 04:43 PM
"Cheese", tomatoes, fresh basil, "pesto" and salt & pepper.
Or banana and peanut butter.
Mmmmmm.

Cherry
May 5th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Spaghetti hoops :D

emmapresley
May 5th, 2008, 05:40 PM
all hail yum for starting a most excellent thread. joy be to toastie lovers everywhere..and that.

cheezly, tomatoes and red onion for me. dollop of brown sauce on the side. tri-angular toasties..PER-LEEEASE! :rolleyes:

Ruby Rose
May 5th, 2008, 06:25 PM
hummus, spring onion and thyme. Mmmm.

vava
May 5th, 2008, 07:11 PM
yeast extract and mashed potato- or yeast extract mashed potato and baked beans - always with brown sauce for copious dippage!:D

bryzee86
May 5th, 2008, 07:41 PM
banana, peanut butter and chocolate.

scarlett
May 5th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Gaaaaah, you're all making me want to go out and buy a sandwich toaster !! They all sound quite delicious :D

Cherry
May 5th, 2008, 08:43 PM
yeast extract and mashed potato- or yeast extract mashed potato and baked beans - always with brown sauce for copious dippage!:D

Mashed potato in a toasted sandwich!?!? Gernuios!!! I'll be trying that one. :)

emmapresley
May 5th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Gaaaaah, you're all making me want to go out and buy a sandwich toaster !! They all sound quite delicious :D

WHAT?!?!

you're saying you DON'T own a sandwich toaster scarlett?? :eek:

Risker
May 5th, 2008, 11:42 PM
That is weird, I mean, if you don't have a sandwich toaster then what do you use the back of your cupboard for?

I haven't got mine out for a few years but when I did I would have tomato puree, cheezly, tomatoes and oregano - basically a pizza sandwich. Can't have one now as my local H&B only sells the yucky mature cheddar cheezly.

cobweb
May 5th, 2008, 11:44 PM
yucky mature cheddar cheezly? are you insane? yucky???? :eek:

Risker
May 5th, 2008, 11:49 PM
Yeah, sorry, that's probably not the right word, vile is probably better

emmapresley
May 6th, 2008, 12:00 AM
that's my fave, that is.

RubyDuby
May 6th, 2008, 01:53 AM
the sandwich toaster is being re-hired.

Haniska
May 6th, 2008, 04:29 AM
Haven't done mine in a while. Was actually thinking of giving it away!:eek:
Spaghetti/pizza sauce with cheese and pepperoni
To die for: Some sort of canned Indian vegetables with lentils that are very spicy? They had whole round black spices in them. They also had canned Indian greens of some sort mixed with lemon and maybe ginger? I'd toast that up with some potatoes and sometimes with mozzarella. Whole foods sold out of them:confused: Oh, and you know. the prerequisite fluffer nutter. When my brother and I were young we would put pie filling in bread and I remember liking that very much!:p

RubyDuby
May 6th, 2008, 04:31 AM
pie filling and bread around the camp fire in that cast iron contraption, u just place it in the fire and voila. yum. what were they called? mountain pies?

yum
May 6th, 2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks EmmaP. *blushes* Great suggestions guys. I've not liked vegan cheese until i discovered the super melting rewoods one and put it in a toasted sandwhich. I've run out now and NEED a toasted sandwich..like...now!
Baked beans toastie...mmmmm sounds like it could be good. Mashed potato?

What about a tofu based toastie? Any suggestions? (i'm getting abit create with the tofu when i tried scrambled egg tofu. I was pleasantly surprised)