View Full Version : Nando's

Pages : [1] 2

Risker
May 7th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Dear *********

Our veggie burgers/pitas and beanie burgers/pitas do not contain animal
products, but you do need to specify that they aren't served with
mayonnaise. We also serve a selection of sidelines, chips, corn, salads
etc which are suitable for those following a vegan diet.

BlackCats
May 7th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Great, thanks Risker.:)

bryzee86
May 7th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Cheers risky. Not that i'd choose to go there, but it's handy if I get invited by omni folks.

flying plum
May 7th, 2008, 01:15 PM
risker - you deserve some kind of award for all the emails you must send out :D thanks for letting ys know. last time i was in nandos with meaty type friends, the servers didn't seem to know :( i went and got some tasty food from the riverside vegetaria opposite!

amanda

harpy
May 7th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Amazing! Thank you risker. There's one round the corner from here but I would never have thought of going in there (well not that keen now but it's nice to know one could if desperate).

Risker
May 7th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Also, their website states which of their shop products are vegan if you look at the nutritional information.

genisis
May 7th, 2008, 06:42 PM
i have been to nando's and although its not a place i really like to go to (for obvious reasons)i have been with my omni family and had their veggie burger,it is delicious:)

Stu
May 7th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Dear *********

Our veggie burgers/pitas and beanie burgers/pitas do not contain animal
products, but you do need to specify that they aren't served with
mayonnaise. We also serve a selection of sidelines, chips, corn, salads
etc which are suitable for those following a vegan diet.

Thanks Christopher.

VeganDaze
May 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Cool, I went there once for a birthday and the staff couldn't tell me what was safe to eat! The waitress was so thick - harsh but fair

confusionisben
May 7th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I went here once when i was vegetarian, it was horrible. Food was nice enough, but people around devouring gigantic plates of chicken was way, way, way off putting.

Jiffy
May 8th, 2008, 06:43 AM
Nando's is always handy as an emergency, it has saved me from being frogmarched off to the Harvester by the family a few times.

Mind numbingly boring but at least you know you can eat something. Just check that when you have asked them to omit the mayo they actually do, but to be fair that has only happened once.

yum
May 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Thanks Risker- that is great to know.

x

alisont
Dec 5th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Id just emailed Nandos about vegan food as might be there in the future and thought Id see if there was a thread before making a new one.....

This is the reply I had:

Hi Alison,

Thanks for contacting us.

As you may expect, choices in Nando’s for vegans are rather limited! Your best bet is to order a veggie burger or pitta, but you need to specify “no mayonnaise” as mayo is a standard ingredient. You can have any baste as these are free of meat, egg and dairy products.

Please note that Nando’s are not vegetarian restaurants and do not imply in any literature that we are. However we do take specific steps to segregate our vegetarian product from chicken products as follows:

A separate area of the grill is defined for the exclusive cooking of vegetarian and bean burgers.
A separate spatula is always used with vegetable products.
Separate bottles of the Nando’s bastes are used exclusively for basting the vegetarian products.
Chips are the only deep fried product, and therefore there is no risk of cross contamination.

Full ingredient listings are available in all of our restaurants if you wish to explore further! Ask to see the “Food & Menu Specifications” booklet.

Kind Regards

gogs67
Dec 5th, 2008, 07:01 PM
What is 'Nando's'? A pub chain?:confused:

cobweb
Dec 5th, 2008, 09:15 PM
What is 'Nando's'? A pub chain?:confused:

ha-ha, my thoughts precisely, it must have bypassed Scotland whatever it is! ;)

alisont
Dec 5th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Oops dont know why my reply posted like that?

Your not missing much with Nandos - Its a restaurant chain that sells a lot of meat, not somewhere Id normally go to myself but Its a poss when work go out so I needed to find if they did any vegan options if I did decide to go, I suppose at least they seem to know what a vegan is and have a sep grill for vege dishes.

Risker
Dec 5th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Even though I started this thread I've never been to or even seen a Nando's :o

squigaletta
Dec 5th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Really?! I thought nandos was evvvverywhere in that horrible we endorse mass murder/an entire plate of meat is a healthy meal but we're better than macdonalds so it's ok. Few things make me as upset as walking past a nandos, buuut it is cool to know they are vegan aware, they may have gone up a tiny bit in my estimation.

alisont
Dec 5th, 2008, 10:59 PM
Ive never been, well not further than the door to look at the menu which seemed to involve over 90% dead animals so not somewhere Id go but Its one idea mentioned at work for lunch out so wanted to ask them about vegan options.

bryzee86
Dec 5th, 2008, 11:49 PM
It's handy when suggested by omnis, or for when going to gigs at the O2.

BlackCats
Dec 6th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Yeah I went to Nando's the other day and it wasn't too bad. They have a few vegetarian-looking starters as well but I didn't have any of them because I wasn't sure if they were totally vegan.

robb
Dec 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
A friend of mine went to Nando'sand ordered a vegan burger (i.e. without mayo) but they put mayo on it anyway. She sent it back and they brought her one without mayo but it turned out to be the same one with the mayo just scraped off!

Elahiya
Dec 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
OMG! that´s really disgusting!!! i just can´t believe how many people out there aren´t able to respect one´s lifestyle. when there´s someone who´s doing kosher they seem to handle it different, same seems to go with allergies. as if you wouldn´t notice the "small" amount and it wouldn´t bother you.

clare155
Dec 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
ha thats really nasty! I wouldve been super annoyed :rolleyes: Did she complain again??

bryzee86
Dec 6th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I thankfully have never received mayo on mine, but I would have demanded a new one if I had!

p.s. BlackCats - they have an allergy and nutrition folder at the till, so you can see the ingredients of each product.