PDA

View Full Version : Leicester vegan fayre - 25 October 2008

veganlinda
May 7th, 2008, 02:32 PM
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t240/rainbowlinda/veggiefayre.jpg
Wendy from Animal Aid
will be opening the fair

Widely known as “A Very Veggie Autumn Fair” our fair is currently Leicester’s largest vegetarian and vegan event with a strong focus on eco living and wildlife conservation too.
If you have never been to a veggie event before you are especially welcome. Our fair is now in its third year and with even more stalls planned than ever before you’re sure to find something that interests you.
With a talks program, activities for children, delicious food, goods to buy, quality prizes to win and more we hope to see you there.

http://www.leicesterveganfair.co.uk/news/index.html for further details

Hope to see you there!

Frank
May 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM
These are going to come in now thick and fast leading up to the last quarter and Christmas.

Shame its just a week before the Wolves one.

Still,...............thats two weekends sorted out!

MidlandGal
Sep 6th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Hi everyone, more details about the event are below, any questions just ask away!

www.leicesterveganfair.co.uk

A Very Veggie Autumn Fair, Saturday the 25th of October 10am - 3:15pm
Leicester’s largest vegetarian and vegan event is back and it’s grown again! This year there is an incredible 24 exhibitors including Animal Aid, Transition Leicester, League Against Cruel Sports, The Vegan Society, the Dr Hadwen Trust for Humane Research, Leicester Badger Group, Leicester Wildlife hospital, Blue Lotus, Handsome Devil T-shirts Love foods and more (check the website for the full list!) There’ll also be face painting, henna tattooing and fantastic vegan food to buy - everything from hot vegan fish and chips to organic fruit and veg!
There’s a talks program too so you can learn all about the work of some of the fantastic groups at the event. Try your luck in the raffle too as there has been some great prizes donated so far (full list is on the website).
In addition to the main exhibitors there will be a new “rummage room” this year - come and find yourself a brik a brak bargain while helping charitable causes.

Overall we have nearly doubled the number of stalls compared to last year so after all that browsing why not relax with a cuppa in our vegan café. Despite price rises our prices remain the same this year (though spare change is appreciated to keep the event going). Entrance remains at 50p for adults, children are admitted free. All money raised goes to vegan and animal causes.
Visit the website for full details. www.leicesterveganfair.co.uk

Volunteers needed. The show cannot go on without volunteers!
The fair is dependent on volunteers so please help the event to continue by giving just a few hours of your time.
There are a variety of volunteer slots and duties below that need filling, some slots are less than 2 hours and no slot is longer the 3 hours. If you are ultra keen you can volunteer all day by ticking 2 continuous slots.
Please e-mail me back ASAP about volunteering for full details

Mr Flibble
Sep 6th, 2008, 10:52 PM
Despite being quite disturbed by both "something fishy" and Wendy I'm actually thinking about coming to this.

Anyone up for some dosa goodness (http://www.happycow.net/reviews.php?id=6554) in the evening?

Est
Sep 7th, 2008, 11:11 AM
I'd like to come along, I had a look at the website yesterday and thought it looked good. That restaurant sounds great, I'd def be up for that too.

veganlinda
Oct 4th, 2008, 11:36 PM
I was at the Halli yesterday Mr Flibble! Love that place :D Great idea to go there afterwards.

Shaolin Jedi
Oct 14th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Hi folks,

I will be there, probably with a friend, and am hoping it will bolster my resolve to stay vegan. Are peeps going to a restaurant after?

Paul, in Oakham.

twinkle
Oct 14th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Hey, I'd be up for Halli, love that place :)

I didn't realise this was on until now - are there any posters I can download and get put around? Might be able to sneak some out to the libraries ;)

twinkle
Oct 14th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Are peeps going to a restaurant after?

I hope so! Keep checking back this thread and we'll probably sort out times and confirm the venue :)

MidlandGal
Oct 22nd, 2008, 07:28 PM
Hi all.
The website has now undergone what should be it's final update before the big day. Things are looking good and I am getting excited. If anyone has been before they might not recognise it - it really has grown this year. Encourage non vegans down if you can.
If all goes to plan I will be wearing an eyecatching fruit hairband on the day to stand out if anyone needs me or wants to say "hi"
Thanks in advance for your support and all the best.
http://www.leicesterveganfair.co.uk/index.html

twinkle
Oct 24th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Did anything more happen about a meal after this? I'm definitely coming to this but not sure what time or how long I'll stay.

veganlinda
Oct 24th, 2008, 07:02 PM
It finishes at 3.15 so a bit early to go for a meal - I guess we could force ourselves to go for a drink first? I am definitely going Twinkle. Do you want to agree a meet up time?

twinkle
Oct 24th, 2008, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure what time I'll make it, because Leicester Aids Support Service is having an open day as well, and they're just round the corner from me. I always walk past them on the way to and from work and I'd like to see what it's like inside. Buuuut... I don't want all the vegan fish and chips to be sold out... aaaah, too many things to do! :D

MidlandGal
Oct 28th, 2008, 09:19 PM
A huge thank you to everyone who supported the event, it went really well.
A report of how it went is now on the website
www.leicesterveganfair.co.uk
All being well it will be going ahead again in October (2009)