PDA

View Full Version : Spicy tomato dip (raw food)

humansituation
May 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
I've just learnt how to make this and still experimenting with ingredients but it's super quick, really easy and tastes fresh and lovely.

You need a blender of sorts, into which you put these:

Lots of ripe tomatoes
About a quarter of an onion
some fennel
a couple of slices of red chili
A bit of red or yellow pepper
Fresh coriander or parsley
Olive oil
Maybe some lemon juice (but I haven't tried it)
Salt

Turn it on until it becomes a big slop and pour it into a bowl. Serve straight away and dip whatever you like into it...

Enjoy!

x

humansituation
May 7th, 2008, 10:33 PM
I forgot garlic, most important!!

Also chop the onion and fennel and garlic a little bit to aid the blend

fondducoeur
May 8th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Mmmm...that sounds good.

ellaminnowpea
May 8th, 2008, 02:15 AM
oo cool, this sounds good! whats the consistency like? i think ive got most of the ingredients, I might try this tomorrow!

humansituation
May 8th, 2008, 11:21 AM
The consistency is quite wet, I think because nothing is cooked the veg still contains lots of water and if left for a while then it can separate a little. It doesn't have to be used as a dip -it might be nice spread on toast

x

Risker
May 8th, 2008, 01:13 PM
Could always put it through some muslin to drain off the excess liquid.

cedarblue
May 8th, 2008, 07:49 PM
sounds nice for a raw tomato sauce with courgette pasta!

Kitteh
May 9th, 2008, 01:06 AM
I agree, sounds delish and easy to make

Elahiya
Jun 2nd, 2008, 10:17 PM
it is! by accident i made up something similar last week (havenīt seen this thread before). the only difference to mine was that i didnīt blend the tomatoes, i just sliced them ito very smal pieces and mashed them in a bowl. and i added a dash of hot chili sauce. and that itīs not that runny, added some guar gum. in my opinion, itīs more delicous than a tomato dip with cooked tomatoes.

emjace
Aug 27th, 2008, 03:33 AM
Sounds awesome! Another option to decrease the wetness is to seed the tomoatoes before blending.