PDA

View Full Version : "Vegan cyclists = fail"

Pages : [1] 2

Herbsman
May 11th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Just thought the cyclists on here might enjoy this:

http://messengerofdoom.wordpress.com/2007/11/30/more-bloody-vegans/

Oh god, not more bloody vegans. How the hell do these people survive without the vital elements of nutrition: meat, milk, and eggs? Surely it must be a bit of a grim life, when you can’t eat the things that you love (for example bacon. EVERYONE loves bacon). Denying yourself the pleasure of animal products must be pretty depressing! And where do you get protein and iron if you don’t eat meat? And you don’t drink milk - what about calcium?!! Oh my god, these vegans must be the most unhealthy, scrawny, vitamin-deficient weaklings on earth.

MarkAnthony
May 11th, 2008, 10:35 AM
I can't tell whether that's supposed to be tongue in cheek or not.

LuVegan15
May 11th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I can't tell whether that's supposed to be tongue in cheek or not.

Neither can I.

Darky_
May 11th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Pfft! Them onmis can't admit the excessive animal products are making them even more dumb and damaging the small amount of brain cells they hardly had anyway. :lol:

hahaahahahahhhaaa!! :rollseyes_ani:

treehugga
May 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Well I think I look much fitter and healthier than most other people I know and go to gym and do weights and cardio 6 x per week. So that guy can stick it where the sun don't shine with all the vegans are unhealthy rubbish.

horselesspaul
May 11th, 2008, 07:15 PM
It's satire. Innit.

Fuhzy
May 11th, 2008, 07:35 PM
It is, in fact, satire.

Pilaf
May 12th, 2008, 07:40 AM
It's obviously satire..too over the top not to be.

Herbsman
May 12th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I thought it was pretty obvious that it is satire. The person who wrote it is vegan

gogs67
May 12th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Note that she doesn’t have any brakes. That’s because she doesn’t even need brakes. This is clearly due to the fact that vegans do not have enough strength to create a significant forward motion.

:lol::lol::lol:
I like the author, it gets even funnier!

Hemlock
May 12th, 2008, 05:23 PM
I don't think it's very funny, especially after the foul email the writer sent me. I think he is a mannerless, rude young man. If someone (me for example) gets the wrong end of the stick surely it is not too difficult to say - "it's ok grandma it's satire no offense intended", there is no need to be so flippin' rude about it. Rudeness is a sign of the times *soap box* and it is a very sad indication of society that somebody has to have a go at you instead of putting you right in a non-offensive way.
Trouble is I have had so much of this CRAP off non vegans I can no longer tell what is satire and what isn't.
*Goes off in a huff muttering I hate everyone*

gogs67
May 12th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I don't think it's very funny, especially after the foul email the writer sent me. I think he is a mannerless, rude young man. If someone (me for example) gets the wrong end of the stick surely it is not too difficult to say - "it's ok grandma it's satire no offense intended", there is no need to be so flippin' rude about it. Rudeness is a sign of the times *soap box* and it is a very sad indication of society that somebody has to have a go at you instead of putting you right in a non-offensive way.
Trouble is I have had so much of this CRAP off non vegans I can no longer tell what is satire and what isn't.
Kids nowadays, eh? *pfffffttt* No respect for the older generation!

harpy
May 12th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Oh dear, poor Hemlock. I wouldn't be too pleased if anyone fed me the 'it's OK grandma...' line so if that's the polite version perhaps it's just as well I didn't see the e-mail you did get ;)

It doesn't seem that far from what George Monbiot wrote about unhealthy vegans in the Grauniad the other day, presumably without any satirical intent, so I can see why one might take this seriously.

gogs67
May 12th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Is that you're comment at the bottom of the article???
*hand over mouth, sniggering*

harpy
May 12th, 2008, 06:01 PM
With blogs I think you often have to read several entries to realise that they're a p!ss-take. I know some people who have a fake fan-site for a 'media star', and they're always getting indignant comments from people who've taken the latest entry seriously (which they love, of course).

Herbsman
May 12th, 2008, 06:13 PM
The comment you left at the bottom of that article was hardly full of good manners though was it. If someone called my writing 'moronic' and accused me of being lazy I wouldn't be too pleased. I fact I would think that was pretty rude.

What was in this foul e-mail then? Spill the beans.

Hemlock
May 12th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Is that you're comment at the bottom of the article???
*hand over mouth, sniggering*

Don't rub it in I feel stupid enough already, however, it is very easy to get the wrong end of the stick when you are tired, read it too quick and have had a day of "vegan bashing" already which has put you in a bad mood:o
He still a shit though, he just sent me another rude email - I can't be bothered to reply or even read past the first line, I've just binned it.

Hemlock
May 12th, 2008, 06:16 PM
The comment you left at the bottom of that article was hardly full of good manners though was it. If someone called my writing 'moronic' and accused me of being lazy I wouldn't be too pleased. I fact I would think that was pretty rude.

What was in this foul e-mail then? Spill the beans.

Enough already, I am tired of this silliness and want to put it behind me. As senility is approaching i should be able to forget the whole incident in about..............what were we talking about?

Hemlock
May 12th, 2008, 07:07 PM
You wrote it didn't you Herbsman?

Herbsman
May 12th, 2008, 07:09 PM
Nope, but I know the chap wot did

Have written a few bits and bobs as I am occasional guest blogger on that blog

Corum
May 13th, 2008, 03:31 PM
... sounds v. similar to yourself though...

veganlinda
May 16th, 2008, 03:10 PM
I guess if you look at the healthy cyclists in the pictures it is tongue in cheek but if you just quickly glance at it then it reads as yet another ignorant omne dissing vegans and reinforcing stereotypes. Esp as only a healthy bod would see those cyclists as healthy, an overweight person might simply see then as skinny rather than fit.

mlg5454
May 19th, 2008, 10:26 PM
Pfft! Them onmis can't admit the excessive animal products are making them even more dumb and damaging the small amount of brain cells they hardly had anyway. :lol:

hahaahahahahhhaaa!! :rollseyes_ani:

now... you know that's not true.

fighting fire with fire never solved anything.

meat in and of itself is not bad for you. neither meat nor dairy make you stupider than, or worse at anything than other foods.

come on. you know you've met some ignorance veggies/vegans.

especially the ones who do it because it's cool, a fashion, part of the scene. because they cried after burying their pet fish in the backyard as a kid.

we have to be more intelligent than that if we want people to respect us.

bryzee86
May 20th, 2008, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=mlg5454;460813
especially the ones who do it because it's cool, a fashion, part of the scene. because they cried after burying their pet fish in the backyard as a kid.
[/QUOTE]

I've never met anyone who did it because it was cool.

'Cos, y'know, we're not viewed as cool.

harpy
May 20th, 2008, 01:20 AM
'Cos, y'know, we're not viewed as cool.

I'd go along with that, I don't think being vegan has upped my coolness quotient at all, sadly ;)

However I think there may be some places and/or social circles where it is viewed as cool and some of those may be in California where mlg is.