PDA

View Full Version : Takeaway Pizza?

sugarmouse
May 14th, 2008, 09:31 PM
I get takeaways maybe once a month at the most
I always go for pizza as long as i trust the base is vegan
I get with just veggies for topping and nocheese (obvously)
I cant seem to find an answer for how many calories a 9'' one of these would be?I know the dough base is quite fatty..

ellaminnowpea
May 14th, 2008, 11:19 PM
Uh, I'd guess each piece (divided the pizza into 8ths) is like 200-250 calories depending on what veggies are on it.

Mr Flibble
May 14th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Why would dough be fatty?

ellaminnowpea
May 14th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I doubt its fatty. I made a guess just that it probably has the same caloric content of about 1.5 slices of bread + veggie calories.

Animosity
May 14th, 2008, 11:47 PM
Well, From what i've read 1 slice (1/8th) of a thin crust no-cheese veggie pizza (from Dominos) has 95 calories. I've also read that you should add about 60 calories for a hand-tossed and about 120 for a 'deep-dish'.

sugarmouse
May 16th, 2008, 09:17 PM
I have just been told from friends and seen documentrties about takeway food, that seem to imply that pizza dough used by takeaways is very bad for fat.
Not like 'restaurant' pizza dough whihc is often made from scratch on the premises and made fresh..this stuff is processed and therefore bad!

I could b wrong of course, but then I am a cynic, so I beleived the bad!

BagelKitty
Jul 10th, 2008, 05:34 PM
Pizza without cheese is just bread and marinara sauce, basically. Not fatty at all. The oil they use to cook it, and the vegetables, is fatty. But you could probably eat a whole small cheeseless veggie pizza and not feel too guilty about it.

missbettie
Jul 10th, 2008, 09:30 PM
^ i do :D