PDA

View Full Version : Easter Time?!

puressence
May 26th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Could someone help me in regards Easter Eggs and Easter Bunnies?

Is there Vegan Easter Eggs and Rabbits all with fancy attire for us Vegans the same as how the other brands of chocolate do their thing for Easter available here in New Zealand? What places do them? Im concerned that my kiddies might miss out on Easter.

kindest regards
Dee

Mr Flibble
May 26th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Im concerned that my kiddies might miss out on Easter.

Erm, I think you may actually already be a little late......

puressence
May 26th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Erm, I think you may actually already be a little late......

Mr Flibble, I am totally aware of the fact that easter has been and gone, Im sure you know that I am referring to Easter of next year. Do you not celebrate Easter over where you are with Vegan Easter Eggs and Rabbits for kiddies? Are they available for Vegan Children? That is all I want to know. Thankyou for your reply.

treehugga
May 26th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Most dark choc eggs should be vegan, but check ingreds. Maybe a google search of vegan choc and new zealand may help. Health food shops often stock them, companies like mcWilliams etc who make soy chocolate including white.

puressence
May 26th, 2008, 08:00 AM
Thankyou treehugga for your help :bigsmile: , I didnt think about google :o, I will have a look. Kindest regards Dee

Maisiepaisie
May 26th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I'm thinking of making my own next year as it will be cheaper. Should be able to get some easter egg molds off ebay.

treehugga
May 26th, 2008, 10:57 AM
Thankyou treehugga for your help :bigsmile: , I didnt think about google :o, I will have a look. Kindest regards Dee
No worries. It might be you end up having to resort to buying chocolate bars.
Companies such as: Leda, Sweet William (I think I called them McWilliam in previous post :o) I know they do Xmas themed chocs, www.VeganPerfection.com , and Cruelty Free online shop may be useful. www.justsite.com.au also sometimes stock vegan products. I know they're aussie sites but I don't think postage would be that much extra to NZ. :)

Kitteh
May 27th, 2008, 03:36 AM
Sweet Williams do bunnies, I think. And Kinnerton do boxed sets at Easter of a bar and a large egg http://www.kinnerton.com/nutsafety/allergyfree.html

But you could make your own using melted vegan choc and some moulds. We made a Chocolate Crackle egg earlier this year, it was delish.

Tangerine Dream
May 29th, 2008, 01:59 PM
The dark chocolate Lindt bunny is vegan.
Also I remember there being a Simpsons (as in Bart) brand vegan chocolate egg for sale in Myer and David Jones.

If all else fails, buy some chocolate moulds, dark melting chocolate, some pretty coloured paper and voila! Homemade easter eggses!

puressence
May 30th, 2008, 03:39 AM
Thankyou all for your help, Im assured now that everything will be ok for my kids around Easter.

Ive just got off the phone from The Warehouse Headoffice about the Kinnerton Range as I vaguely remembered seeing them on the shelfs. Im wrapt to confirm that they stock the range. Great news!

I so cant wait to Easter now lol! Im very much eager to check out Kinnerton Range on the shelfs! Wish Easter was here now lol!

vegcurry
May 30th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Now that's what I call forward planning. :)

puressence
May 31st, 2008, 04:50 AM
Awesome Vegcurry! :thumbsup:

Just found some lollies too at The Warehouse!

Horneys Confectionery Fruit Drops - Exquisite Fruit Flavoured Candies (plant extracts added for colour and flavour), No Artificial Colour, No Artifical Flavour, Gluten and Nut Free and Vegetarian! Best part of it is that its New Zealand Made!

That is sooo :cool: and only $2.15 a bag for 38 lollies!

Me excited?! No way :lol:

Kitteh
Jun 3rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
Also I remember there being a Simpsons (as in Bart) brand vegan chocolate egg for sale in Myer and David Jones.

This is the Kinnerton kids boxed eggs, they do a few cartoony ones as well as the standard one I mentioned. They're pretty nice, my bf got me 3 box sets one easter! Choccie overload.