PDA

View Full Version : wrong cream need ideas

XxsarahxX
May 26th, 2008, 01:09 AM
well i went to go vita to get some tofutti sour cream,
but they only had the cream cheese stuff or whatever it is and no sour cream :(
but there was these little container things next to which to me said sour cream so me been in a hurry to get home grabbed two of these little containers paid for them and off i went.
Opened it last night to put on my veggies it looked a little runny so i gave it a stir and had a little taste of it and it didn't taste like sour cream at all, looked at the label and it didn't say sour cream at all it said soya cream :rolleyes:.

so now i need ideas to use this cream up and i thought id ask you guys.
so any ideas :hmm:

RubyDuby
May 26th, 2008, 02:08 AM
i've never had it, so am not sure, but i think ppl put that on fruits and cakes and the like?

sugarmouse
May 26th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I put it in my coffee!

XxsarahxX
May 27th, 2008, 12:17 AM
both great ideas i used one in a curry thing i made last night so i have one and a half left

emmapresley
May 27th, 2008, 12:18 AM
pop it on some chilly berries with a smattering of maple syrup on top.

how did you work it into your curry? so it was korma-esque?

XxsarahxX
May 27th, 2008, 12:25 AM
Um i just chucked things in i had no idea what i was doing but after putting everything in i just stirred the cream in and it ended up really nice.

mine was just oinion, tempheh, frozen vegies (first time in ages we used frozen ones), curry powder, tomato paste with water i spose tin tmatoes would work to. and lots of herbs and spices i had sitting around with the cream :) served with brown rice

also added some brown lentils