PDA

View Full Version : Iceland

alisont
Jun 10th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Not somewhere i tend to go to as always thought it was just full of meat products!

We do go from work with students to shop and learn about budgeting and food shopping.

For a picnic today we got these:

http://www.iceland.co.uk/system/products/images/217.jpg?1197898658

Good value for party food/bbqs etc - The ingredients are vegan - no egg or dairy listed, comes with some mango dip - didnt try that but the snacks were good:)

Noticed they had several good buys on juice lollies/del monte smoothies on a stick that were vegan.

I think Il get some if going to a party as such good value and very tasty!

cobweb
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
watch out you're beginning to sound like Kerry Katona! :p

we don't have one up here but it's good to know thay are catering for 'normal' people :thumbsup:

alisont
Jun 10th, 2008, 08:45 PM
watch out you're beginning to sound like Kerry Katona! :p

we don't have one up here but it's good to know thay are catering for 'normal' people :thumbsup:

Ha Ha:D was nice to find the one savoury vegan item:rolleyes:

Maisiepaisie
Jul 4th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Someone told me they sell Linda McCartney stuff cheaper than other supermarkets. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

Ames
Jul 11th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Someone told me they sell Linda McCartney stuff cheaper than other supermarkets. Gonna check it out tomorrow.

Thats good to know, hopefully they do.

Maisiepaisie
Jul 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM
They only had the sausages for £1 (Normally about £1.65 elsewhere) but I did find some other vegan goodies - Dalepak vegetable puff pastry pies and Spicy bean quarter pounders, both £1 per pack.

Ames
Jul 11th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Ah well it's better than nothing I suppose!

herbwormwood
Jul 11th, 2008, 02:11 PM
They do nice frozen veggies, they are the only place I know does bags of chopped mixed peppers, red, green and orange ones,these are much cheaper than buying fresh peppers and throwing away all the nasty part inside, also their potato waffles are nice.
I saw the indian snack selection and was tempted too.

Zero
Jul 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
They only had the sausages for £1 (Normally about £1.65 elsewhere) but I did find some other vegan goodies - Dalepak vegetable puff pastry pies and Spicy bean quarter pounders, both £1 per pack.

Yeah,I have seen a few things cheaper in there, apparently my mother (who is vegetarian but I am still working on her :)) got a load of Linda McCartney Lasagne from there for like 50p each, almost at their sell by date, I went in to see if there was any of the vegan products marked down but there wasn't :(

Oh well, at least its still cheaper than other stores.

Khashoggi
Jul 14th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Wouldn't buy from there but their bins are pretty good for bread/salad/various veg.

Zero
Jul 16th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Wouldn't buy from there but their bins are pretty good for bread/salad/various veg.

Haha, yeah wasn't much there last night though! Some fermented grapes and white bread :p

ellaminnowpea
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:49 PM
hahaha, Alisont!! I read your post thinking -- you're going to the country of Iceland for field trips and vegan indian food and candy? :p:lol:

I didnt get it until Maisie said that the dishes were cheaper than other supermarkets!

Glossgirl
Jul 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM
^me too ... lol.

alisont
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:16 PM
Lol Sorry I should of said it was a supermarket chain here!

Mind you Id love to do a shopping trip to Iceland:)

Firestorm
Jun 6th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Iceland are now selling Linda McCartney Mince, 1k for £3 - far cheaper than H&B.