PDA

View Full Version : A somewhat easy/transportable meal?

sugarless
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'm looking for recipe suggestions that are simple to make and transport. My baby shower is approaching and I'm responsible for feeding all of the vegans, myself included. I would leave it to my mother-in-law, but I'm pretty sure she's not grasping the concept and would probably use butter, milk, etc in her cooking.

So! I have a crockpot, I have warming trays. I have plenty of stuff to carry food in. (But it needs to be transported 2 hours). I was thinking maybe chili, but not everyone likes spicy.

I'm open to suggestions! :)

flying plum
Jun 22nd, 2008, 09:46 PM
if you want to make chilli, make it not too spicy, and put some chopped chillis and tabasco sauce on the table :-)

another good one is something like a shepherd's(less) pie - lentilly and beans etc with mashed potato on top. i've transported that around london on the tube before!

amanda

harpy
Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:11 PM
Or maybe a salad of cold couscous or pasta with roasted vegetables mixed in?

You might want to transport whatever it is in an insulated bag if the weather is warm, even if you're going to heat it up when you get there.

sugarless
Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Ooo.. very good ideas! Thanks.

So far what I had on my own was the chili (but I didn't think to leave the hot stuff out.. duh!)
And a veggie platter with hummus dip

Oh and vegan chocolate cake for dessert (recipe on goveg.com)

vava
Jun 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
salad
a vat of soup
ciabatta bread
choc cupcakes for dessert:D

heat13
Jun 23rd, 2008, 07:03 AM
Oh yes, make choc cupcakes for sure :)