PDA

View Full Version : Recipes with sheese

Linxie
Jun 25th, 2008, 08:57 AM
My friend kindly bought me some cheddar style sheese that she spotted in a supermarket the other day. I think the taste is too strong for me to eat on its on so I wondered if anyone had any recipes that include sheese. I was thinking maybe stuffed mushrooms or peppers!?

harpy
Jun 25th, 2008, 12:23 PM
It's a while since I had Sheese but if I remember correctly it doesn't really melt, so it would be good to use it in a way where melting isn't critical. Perhaps cubed in a salad, or grated on top of something?

Have you seen this BTW:
http://bittersweetblog.wordpress.com/2007/04/25/cutting-the-sheese/

Linxie
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Sorry I should have mentioned that its the soft sheese she bought me

puffin
Jun 25th, 2008, 01:14 PM
What about some rolled out puff pastry. Score a line around the edge and stick it in the oven of 15 mins, slap on some pesto, add oven roasted peppers and onions, some baby toms, asparagus and some sheese, brush the veg with a little oil and bake for a further 15 mins or so.
Or you could make lasagna. Cook onions, peppers in a pan, add 2 tins of toms, a stock cube, spinach, mushrooms and some cubed cooked tofu. Mix some mayo with soya cream and add salt and pepper. Layer with cream first on top of the lasagne sheet then tom mix and repeat, add cream mix on the top sheet and slice the scheese on the top and bake for about 30 minutes.