PDA

View Full Version : Iv botched up again

sugarmouse
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Made soup, too much pepper in it.The whole process was complicated and long but basically thats what happened.. I am sure theres aclever solution?Do I put something in to cancel the pepper out or soak it up or something?
Or do I just admit defeat, pour it in the bin and start again :D:p:confused:

bryzee86
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:28 PM
just shush it an start eating!

sugarmouse
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:37 PM
just shush it an start eating!

Not sure which orifice you d be sick out of if you ate this much pepper :D
It started off that I had cooked cabbage in order to drink the water, which I do from time to time as it makes me feel nicer.
Then I put too much pepper in that. So I decided to dilute it. It still too peppery.So I decides to make it into soup. So I added some bits of pasta and tomato juice and stock. Still too peppery. So I put more pasta in hoiping it woudl soak it up, not planning to eat the pasta. Still too pepper..so I took some of the soup out and added more tomato juice and some chopped tomatos to dilute it..still too peppery.
So I gave up, ate last nights soya mince, and came on here to enlist the help of others. :D

jamboxrock
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Good lord, Sugarmouse, how much pepper did you put in in the first place? I like lots and lots of pepper, I might like it.

sugarmouse
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Yours if you can come and get it!:D
Enough to make it smell like a farmyard. If you know what I mean. Or a rabbit hutch.

RubyDuby
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:25 PM
can u skim some off the top??
eta: its probably cooked in at this point...

Ruby Rose
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Bin it. Soz - but it sounds like irredeemable pepper.

emmapresley
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Bin it. Soz - but it sounds like irredeemable pepper.

agreed. and learn from your overpeppering mistake!

less is more..add...stir..taste...THEN add if needed. i theeenk you are thinking of salt..oversalting..i've heard you can pop in a raw spud and that soaks up the extra salt. could be one of those dangerous urbanicalised myths though maybe.

Ruby Rose
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Lemon juice helps if you over-chilli something though.

emmapresley
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:15 PM
ohhh..its all coming out now..

Ruby Rose
Jun 25th, 2008, 07:27 PM
I mean, I've heard... (oh! damn! And I'd have got away with it too, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids)