PDA

View Full Version : Dish to bring to non-vegan meeting?

JuicyGirl
Jun 25th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hi,
I have to bring a dish to a meeting in a couple weeks and there will only be one other vegan there. Does anyone have any good ideas for something that everyone would enjoy? I am thinking about black bean and sweet potato enchiladas. And possibly a dessert too (brownies or cookies maybe). thank you!

Ruby Rose
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes! :0)

(oh, and welcome to the forum, by the way)

JuicyGirl
Jun 25th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Cupcakes! Cupcakes! Cupcakes! :0)

(oh, and welcome to the forum, by the way)

Aw, good idea:D Thanks!

Dylan Mulenburg
Jul 17th, 2008, 07:17 PM
There are lots of great recipes at www.vegcooking.com

jamboxrock
Jul 17th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I'd say nothing "faux", no fake meats or cheeses for sure. What kind of meeting is it? Like finger foody, or something where you could take a casserole and eat off plates?

JuicyGirl
Jul 8th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Update: It has been awhile since I have been on the forum. But I wanted to share my experience with those who are interested... in case you have to bring a dish to a non-vegan gathering. This was a dinner party where everyone brought a side dish or dessert and the main course were steaks and chicken:( It was my dad's company so he asked me to prepare something vegan since he likes that food when given the choice (my mother is vegan) and he thought some of the other guests would like to try my cooking.

I ended up making a great soup with Barley and Lentils that a friend gave me the recipe for. It was a HUGE hit! Everyone loved it- even those hardcore meat eaters who have prob not touched a veggie in years lol!

I also made the Black Bean and Sweet Potato Enchiladas from the Vegan Planet cookbook. These are a favorite dish of my mother and I... everyone who tried them loved them. No one even missed the meat:)

So it was a success! I know that a majority of omnis will never change, but at least they will learn that there ARE delicious vegan dishes out there and we don't just eat salads for every meal:)

harpy
Jul 8th, 2009, 10:38 PM
Sounds good. Any chance you could post the barley and lentil soup recipe please?

*live*&*let*live
Jul 8th, 2009, 10:45 PM
^ Yes pretty please ! was about to ask the same :question: Harpy! ^

Tigerlily
Jul 9th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Good news!

JuicyGirl
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:42 AM
^ Yes pretty please ! was about to ask the same :question: Harpy! ^

I would LOVE to! Only problem is it was written by a friend's mother and I left it at my other house:( When I get to it, I will for sure post it and I am sure you will all love:D