PDA

View Full Version : Clear spot sesame tofu burgers

bexi
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Hey everyone, yesterday I bought some sesame tofu burgers from the local health food shop. They are by clear spot and seem to basically be burger shaped lumps of tofu with sesame seeds in them. However, I am completely unsure how I should prepare them... I'm a bit of a tofu novice. Has anyone tried these? Should I marinade them or add any extra flavours? Or do you think they'll be okay as they are since they have sesame and stuff in them? How should I cook them and for how long?

They are available on goodness direct but unfortunately theres no pics or anything so I can't show you what they look like
http://www.goodnessdirect.co.uk/cgi-local/frameset/detail/416867_Clear_Spot_Organic_Tofu_Sesame_Burgers__2x1 90g.html

I don't want to waste them... so thanks for any help:)

Poison Ivy
Jun 27th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Taken from the clearspot website (http://www.clearspottofu.co.uk/products.html)

"Sesame Burgers

Based on a traditional Japanese/Chinese mix called ganmo, our sesame burgers are similar in taste to western sausage mixes.

No oil is used in the preparation of these burgers. Can be pan fried to crisp the outside. "

:)

bexi
Jun 27th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Hey thanks ivy :). Think i could cook it in the oven instead?

Poison Ivy
Jun 27th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I don't see why not, it probably wouldn't get as crisp as pan-frying...but other than that it should be okay I reckon:)

Risker
Jun 27th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Not the most appetising of names... clear spot.

bexi
Jun 27th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Not the most appetising of names... clear spot.

Haha well maybe if it doesn't taste good it can function as an acne remedy..

Mr Flibble
Jun 27th, 2008, 07:27 PM
They're fantastic, just fried in oil (squash them down in the pan a few times to get rid of excess liquid), in a bun with ketchup and perhaps some kind of salad.

Metal Maniac
Oct 28th, 2008, 12:13 AM
Haha well maybe if it doesn't taste good it can function as an acne remedy..
lolololol:bigsmile: