PDA

View Full Version : nutritional yeast - where to buy in Sydney??

livingsimply
Jun 30th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Hi there,

new to this forum and currently exploring becoming a vegan...(I eat majority vegan meals however live in omni household)...

I am keen to get my hands on some nutritional yeast but finding it in a retail store in Sydney seems to be tricky?

Can anyone point me in right direction of any retail stores they know in Sydney Metro that stock nutritional yeast?

THanks!

L

treehugga
Jul 1st, 2008, 06:25 AM
Most healthfoods shops stock it. Not sure you'll find it in a supermarket. Try asking for savoury yeast (it's the same) it's often referred to as that in Australia.

Kitteh
Jul 3rd, 2008, 01:14 AM
You can order it from www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au (http://www.crueltyfreeshop.com.au)

I got mine at a health food shop, also try asking for Savoury Yeast Flakes that's how I found mine.

weasel
Jul 25th, 2008, 02:44 AM
anyone know about in hobart? also rapeseed oil, i can't seem to find that either :)

treehugga
Jul 25th, 2008, 07:53 AM
most healthfood shops have nutritional/savoury yeast.

Rapeseed is just another name for canola oil.

weasel
Jul 27th, 2008, 02:33 AM
wow! i did not know that (about the oil), thankyou treehugga :) i think it'll be easier to find from now on.

treehugga
Jul 27th, 2008, 11:13 AM
No problemo.

I used to spend ages looking for cilantro, until my sister in law informed me it was coriander! :D

weasel
Jul 27th, 2008, 11:39 AM
sister in herb law/lore? haha sorry bad pun. i didn't know that about cilantro either though.

treehugga
Jul 27th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Yes. You live and learn :)