PDA

View Full Version : The Pill

helloearth
Jul 2nd, 2008, 07:17 PM
Basically I'm about to start on the pill to gain control over my periods as they've gone a bit mad.

The instructions say that I have to start taking the pill on the first day of my period, but I was wondering whether it's OK to take it before the period starts?

If I took it when the instructions say I should (the day it starts) does the period continue as normal and then only come again when I've finished that packet of pills, or will it stop straight away once I've taken a tablet?

I'm really annoyed that I forgot to ask my doctor all of this, so any help would be appreciated :)

Gorilla
Jul 2nd, 2008, 08:41 PM
hello

i believe - but you should really check with a doctor - you can start taking the pill before you get your period, but your contraceptive protection may be affected, so you should use another form of contraception to begin with (maybe a week i think).

if you wait for your period, when you take the pill your period will carry on as normal.

hope that helps, although you should be careful, as the pill's not something to take lightly. :)

helloearth
Jul 2nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Thank you. :bigsmile:

I will go back to the doctor just to check, just in case!

Smell
Jul 3rd, 2008, 02:08 PM
Definately start it on the first day of your period, or your cycle will be all messed up. Your period will continue as normal, maybe a bit lighter though, when you take your first pill.

Have you found a vegan pill?

moggy
Jul 3rd, 2008, 04:21 PM
Sadly I take the pill for health reasons, its a bummer when you have to, but I suppose its no different to taking other drugs for other health problems.